Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable Energy page

nowtide is offline Junior Member

Unbelievable Energy

Shop Now
    Hi Everyone,

I have taken several attempts to go Primal/Paleo and usually buckle at day 3. I often feel pretty depressed and down by day 3 which forces me back to my old ways. this time I pushed past day 3 and made it to the promised land...day 4!

As of today I have INSANE amounts of energy. I feel like I just downed 30 cups of coffee. My carb intake is just below 100 grams per day, and I am already starting to see the scale move. The thing is I feel like I have TOO MUCH energy! The 30 cups of coffee analogy was apt in a few ways, I actually feel a bit nervous and jumpy, super excited, positive mood etc. however I am also having trouble focusing as I deal with these incredible waves of energy.

I would say it’s incredible if it weren’t for the nervousness and difficulty concentrating. I don’t have brain fog that people get while in ketosis…just too much energy to sit and focus on one thing. I feel like I should go outside and run around the block or something.

Has anyone else had this? Does it pass? I want the added energy without the insane amounts of nervous energy as well.

Thoughts?

Kaeferin is offline Member
    hahaha, this perfectly describes my last couple of days Felt like I wanted to *run* to work in the morning, bounding out of bed in the am despite lots of energy at night...

Seems to have normalised itself today though.

I started PB about a month ago and was obviously missing something at first. added some fruit in, and hey presto, here's that boundless energy the book promises

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    I envy you... I'm lethargic like H :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeferin View Post
    hahaha, this perfectly describes my last couple of days Felt like I wanted to *run* to work in the morning, bounding out of bed in the am despite lots of energy at night...

Seems to have normalised itself today though.

I started PB about a month ago and was obviously missing something at first. added some fruit in, and hey presto, here's that boundless energy the book promises
    Excellent! how long did it take to normalize?

I am not interested in ketosis at all so am staying well above the low carb mark. Keto makes me VERY irritable! As a result I have been eating fruit from the beginning to keep me at 100 grams of carbs. maybe the secret is the amount of carbs then in terms of energy?

I liek being this energetic, but man I would like to be able to sit down and read a book...but couldn't if I tried.

Kaeferin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nowtide View Post
    maybe the secret is the amount of carbs then in terms of energy?
    Certainly seems that way to me. The first week I didn't get the carb flu at all - hit me in the second week. I think the difference was potatoes I eat from the canteen several days a week, so sometimes I end up eating potatoes with lunch for lack of other options. I managed to take that down to nil over a weekend though and then a couple of miserable foggy days. That got better, but I still had some dizziness. Posted here about that. Started eating a little more fruit, and there you go.... seems to be working this far, and I have the definite impression that I could "steer" it by eating more / less carbs.

Though of course it hasn't been that long - just a couple of days, so who knows how it'll really pan out Enjoy the energy!

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    Go outside and take a walk, get some fresh air, release some of that energy

For me after being low carb for years, I have super energy days, and I have normal days (and a rare low energy day usually from stress). When I feel energized, I use it to motivate me to get active. I usually head out the door for an hour and take a walk, a short nearby hike, run errands, work in the yard, put on some tunes and do some spring cleaning. If I have to stay glued to my desk, I do work that requires less focus but still needs to be done....like re-organize my files, clean out my hard drive, purge my emails. I essentially harness it rather then fight it.

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Ha! That was me in the beginning too. This is one of my journal entries from that period: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post212260

I upped my activity significantly, which helped. When I was having a hard time sitting at my desk at work, I'd just go outside and take a brisk walk or run up and down the stairs a couple times. After a couple weeks, my energy levels normalized. I still have way more oomph and drive to exercise than pre-primal, but it isn't at the level where it is uncomfortable anymore.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by theholla View Post
    Ha! That was me in the beginning too. This is one of my journal entries from that period: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post212260

I upped my activity significantly, which helped. When I was having a hard time sitting at my desk at work, I'd just go outside and take a brisk walk or run up and down the stairs a couple times. After a couple weeks, my energy levels normalized. I still have way more oomph and drive to exercise than pre-primal, but it isn't at the level where it is uncomfortable anymore.
    Awesome! I just hit the gym hard, had the best workout I've had in months. Tons of energy to lift weights, and added quite a bit of weight.

I thought low carb was supposed to deplete my energy and make my lifts softer ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
    Go outside and take a walk, get some fresh air, release some of that energy

For me after being low carb for years, I have super energy days, and I have normal days (and a rare low energy day usually from stress). When I feel energized, I use it to motivate me to get active. I usually head out the door for an hour and take a walk, a short nearby hike, run errands, work in the yard, put on some tunes and do some spring cleaning. If I have to stay glued to my desk, I do work that requires less focus but still needs to be done....like re-organize my files, clean out my hard drive, purge my emails. I essentially harness it rather then fight it.
    I took your energy and embraced the energy. I spent most of the morning reorganizing my desk...which was no small task!

888erkan888 is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I recongnize myself in your situation. But for me its possible its not about the change in diet. I have been very depressed, but now Im getting better everyday, but I always had strong moodswings and short periods when I felt an uncontrollable energy which in some situations made me act stupid. I felt almost drunk. After my rushes i always crashed deeply into hopelessness...
    Now I have been seeing a doctor who say I possily have bipolar disorder to some extent...but the latest weeks I have been pretty stable and only happy and energized in a way I enjoy!

I have also had problems keeping it primal becouse when I was sad the last thing I wanted to do was doing anything that was good for me on purpose.
    The only good thing that came out from my energyrushes was the extreme creative energy that made me do some art and weird poetry Im very proud of, but still dont understand as it werent really me who came up with it.

But you never felt like this have you, bipolar?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast