Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kookoo trades her banana for a big ass steak page

Kookoo trades her banana for a big ass steak

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay I realize I have been perving on here for waaaaaay tooooo long and it's time I finally write my own journal. I'm 32 (33 on May 13th), I live in Korea on Jeju Island teaching Engrish to little kiddlets, and I want to get ripped like Mr.Mark (okay maybe a little less ripped maybe more along the lines of Pink). I have dabbled in low carb on and off for years, would lose a little weight, get lazy and the weight would creep back on. It would usually be about 8 pounds, smallest 127 ( I looked about 117) to 135. Weeeellll, maybe is was being homesick here but I started eating things I had never eaten before (and Im not talking dog ). Loafs of white bread, cheese stuffed crust pizza, pop, chocolate bars, doughnuts... MUST I continue? heeeeeee As a result my weight hit an all time high of 150 (I'm 5'4). Usually this would be no problem..hit the gym with some interval training, cut the carbs and boom!!! bye bye jiggly wiggly
    EXCEPT I seem to have developed a weeee bit of an issue with a weekly binge (at first I think they were because I was homesick and then they just became a habit). BAM! THERE! I SAID IT! BINGE! What an ugly word don't you think? Let's call it.... crrrrazzzzy carb refeed!!! PIZZA, COOKIES, ICE CREAM, CHOCOLATE...GET IN ME BELLY!!! Anyways I think that these little adventures on the junktrunk train are what's holding me back from getting into the 8 (yes 8 pairs of pants in my closet). "Teacher? Teacher always Lulu pants? Lulu pants why?" Gawd I love my little guys!!

So Im hoping by keeping myself more accountable on here might help me kick (must have been a Freudian slip but I actually wrote kiss here first) myself in the ass (figuratively but perhaps after the work outs literally?) And from what I've read on here you guys are super duper supportive and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE (should I go there?..one more!) LOVE your input, advice, hard love ect!

So here is my plan:
    1.I've already managed to give up dairy (how I'm not totally sure..I was pretty sure I was half Cheese but it just happened) so continue to stay away from it.

2.Oh did I mention my hover like ability with almonds? Yeah it's not pretty hehehehe sooooo Im thinking of allowing myself a cheat day with almond pancakes WOOP WOOP *shaking the junk in the trunk* and hopefully this will keep me away from the other gunk

3. Tons of veggies, already not a problem I love me some veg...usually start the day with a veggie shake with pea (not pee) protein...was think of switching to whey but this stuff seems to work so if it ain't broke why fix it?

4. no fruit, easy...never really got into the fruit..prob from years of low carb

5. used to believe the whole grain/legume hype..considered quinoa and chickpea my sisters but have ditched the grains/legumes (except during my "gimme gimme those oreeeeeos" moments) so I think I'm going to keep playing with those almond flour recipes if the need hits me

6. bought some coconut oil and am in looooove...If this stuff were a dude I would be in heaven...not only can I slather it on my body but you're telling me I can eat it too?!?!?! YUMMERS!!!!

7. meat, meat and more meat.....my problem seems to be I am having intense cravings for meat..I'm talking steaks the size of my head, three chicken breast in one go, practically a whole pork loin..Is this normal in the beginning!?!?!?! I don't remember eating this much meat before ( I was prob munching on our friend cheese)

8. I don't want to be scale obsessed or count calories (never have and don't want to start), I want to learn to listen to my body and feed it when it's hungry and stop when it's not.

Diet wise Im basically just trying to not give into the junk funks. I do have a weeee bit of a black/white perception of things so trying to break that. Learn that a mistake does not mean things are over...just get back up and start again. Now, exercise wise Im thinking LHT three times a week, and I love walking so no problem there. Again, basically its just sticking to it and stopping just because I don't do a couple of workouts doesn't mean stop completely.
    Anyhooooo that's all I can think of now but I'm sure I'll be posting tonight to write down what I ate, felt, if I killed a student, drank enough water ect.
    Thanks for reading!!!!!
    Last edited by kookoomonkey; 04-28-2011 at 04:10 AM.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Awesome, sounds good, except for the pea protein. Pea's are a legume. Why not throw some eggs in your smoothie. If you're afraid of raw eggs, just make a custard base with coconut milk and eggs and refridgerate. Pour some into your shake every morning.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

OH CRAP!!! Thanks for the heads up....annnnnd I just ordered another months worth *smacks head*. hehehe Finish it off and then I'm soooooo down to try the coconut custard stuff. Thanks for the advice!!!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    No prob! It's definitely not gonna kill you but it's not optimal that's for sure!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

So this afternoon was interesting..I was chillaxing in my apartment when the building manager came by with some dude to (remember I live in Korea and my Korean sucks lol) from what I could understand look at my pipes because water is leaking into the apartment below but they couldn't find where the water was leaking from. Turned off my water supply and left. Now, I have no water and no clue when they are turning it on again. Always trying to look on the bright side of things....the toilet water is still working

Anyways here is what I have eaten today:
    Breakfast:
    black coffeeeeeee with coconut oil (coco milk might be better but I kind of like the oil)
    mixed greens shake with the pea protein,Udo's oil, cocoa nibs and salba seeds, cinnamon
    *this is usually enough till about 3 ish but was hungry before I left for work so had 2 scrambled eggs with coconut oil

Lunch: BAS with 2 hard boiled eggs, spinach, red peppers, lemon juice and Udo's oil

*usually this is good till dinner but was STARVING at 5ish and nearly killed a student but stabbing them with a pencil (okay kidding but my gawd ROAR!!!)

Dinner: two chicken thighs and drumsticks (but still hungry!!!!), 6oz of steak

AHHHHHH I can't believe how much my body is wanting meat right now! It's kinda freaky!!! I feel like a meat zombie!!! Is it normal to want this much meat?
    I should prob add that prior to last week I was doing pretty good staying away from carbs (some oatmeal) and then I had a friend visit from Canada and totally fell off the wagon. Too much booze (hadn't touched it in 6 weeks) and a weeks worth of carby, white flour, sugar gaaaaaaaaak. So, I'm wondering if this is the carb flu acting up? If it is I really hope it doesn't last long because I don't think the grocery stores will be able to keep up.
    I think I'm good veggie wise and fat wise so hopefully my body balances itself out in the next couple of days.

Since I'm feeling a little off exercise wise I walked for about an hour.

Oh and one more thing that's getting to me is that I don't seem to be able to sleep right now...maybe that's why I'm wanting to eat so much?

Overall Im pretty okay with everything since I managed to not grab a bag of almonds in the grocery store and inhale it before I made it to the door.
    Now in hopes of getting a good night sleep Im going to watch Supernatural heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Looks like you're off to a great start, kookoo. I like your 8-point plan, less #5, as earthmomma said. Also, watch them almonds. I'm like you in that I could tear through a kilo of 'em in a single sitting. I don't keep 'em around anymore for the very reason that I'll absentmindedly snack on them... constantly...

I think it's pretty normal to be a meataholic -- I certainly go through phases of it. I try to keep it in check by finishing a normal meal, having some water, forcing myself to give it some time. If I'm still jonzin', I'll take a short walk or do some other simple exercise just to see if my hunger is true hunger or if I've just become fixated on it. If I'm still hungry, MEAT! Cook up strips of bacon and refrigerate them. Those are good for just that kind of situation.

G'luck!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Love your journal! I'm a meataholic as well and have my meatapalooza days as I call them. I'm not a fan of almonds at all but I do like almond pancakes on occassion, especially with whipped hwc ad some thawed frozen berries. That's a periodic treat.
    Georgette

YEA!!! Thanks Patrick and Georgette!! I am not alone in my need for meat!!! I'm sooooooo going to have to try the almond pancakes with coconut milk!!!

So, last night I got a weeee craving for almonds but I waited it out and I lived!!! Yep I made it till this morning and I didn't have an eyeball fall out or an arm fall off!! I'm feeling pretty good this morning even though I woke up at 3 and then again at six. I was a reading a thread and noticed that some people seem to sleep better when their dinner is more carb based and less meat based so Im going to do a little experiment to see if it helps me sleep.
    Im going to make a high protein/fat breakfast and have my protein/veggie shake for lunchish and then a BAS salad or stirfry for dinner.

Breakfast: coffee coffee buzz nuzz with coconut oil
    4 eggs scrambled in coconut oil
    I would looooove to add bacon but the bacon in Korea is a little strange? Maybe Ill try it in the future.

Lunch: veggie shake with protein, Udo's, salba, cocoa nibs, mixed greens (chard, spinach, kale, dandelion greens)

Dinner: spinach salad with 2 hard boiled eggs, red pepper and Udo's oil, brocoli, and lemon juice
    We will see how this goes today and if I'm still trying to eat the wall paper I was thinking of adding coconut milk to my shake?

Oh I was thinking it would be a good idea to also mention the supplements I take:
    multi vitamin
    B complex
    vitamin C
    vitamin E
    vitamin A,D
    krill oil
    I also try to drink 2-4 litres of water a day and walk at least 45-60 min a day. Im still being a little slow on getting my butt to the gym, I want to try and get my eating sorted first so Im not trying to do too many things at once. I was thinking of getting some almonds but maybe I should wait it out for about a month and see what kind of results I see because eating a kg of almonds in a week is going to PROB cancel any weight loss fro the gym...HMMMMM..JUST MAYBE!?!??!! ( not to mention the PUFA's and that many almonds is pretty high in carbs). Hmmmm what if I munched my brains out on the almond pancakes and then did a little IF? Of course if I got hungry, I would eat but I wonder if it would be possible? Alright MissY baby steps...lets start with not eating them for a bit. Im def one of those people that if I have a trigger food in the house I will eat it all!! There is none of this " just one litle bite, just a couple" Its more like "WHERE THE HELL DID THAT CAKE GO!?" "IS THAT THE BAG OF ALMONDS YOU BOUGHT YESTERDAY!?!?!?!" I think I will start looking at where this all or nothing attitude came from but for today Ill be happy if I don't feel the need to consume half a cow hehehe
    I think Im going to go and shake my ass a little more before eating breakfast
    Hope you all have a fantastic Friday!!!!
    YouTube - Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Don't Do It)

ps.So I have grabbed the ten things to do to live primally and so far today (Ill change it later to add things)
    1. Eat lots of animals, insects and plants: yep
    2. Move around a lot at a slow pace:yep 45 min
    3. Lift heavy things:yep small korean kids
    4. Run really fast every once in a while: can already predict today FAIL
    5. Get lots of sleep: EPIC FAIL
    6. Play: dance naked to 80's music
    7. Get some sunlight every day: during walk
    8. Avoid trauma:
    9. Avoid poisonous things:
    10. Use your mind:doubt it today

trinity4 is offline Member
    You are super funny! Reading your post makes me want to dance naked to 80's music! And I bet you burn a lot of calories lifting small korean kids! Ha!

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trinity4 View Post
    And I bet you burn a lot of calories lifting small korean kids! Ha!
    I bet if you held them by the belt you could get a kettlebell type action going there. Just food for thought.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast