Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is New! My Feet are swelling! page

CKATTO71 is offline Senior Member

This is New! My Feet are swelling!

Primal Fuel
    The past 2 days my feet have been swelling and my ankles aching by the end of my work day. It's not severe, but it's definitely something new. Any thoughts?

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    in before "are you pregnant?"
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    in before "are you pregnant?"
    Nope, No womb.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CKATTO71 View Post
    Nope, No womb.
    ........?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

kcult is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    ........?
    I have to assume a hysterectomy

Quote Originally Posted by kcult View Post
    I have to assume a hysterectomy
    Exactly. No Pregnancy here.

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    Have you been very stationary (ie sitting a lot) combined with potential dehydration? Have you worked hard and sweated a lot in last day or so doing sprints/weights?

Alleviate symptoms by raising your feet above your heart to encourage drainage, also drink, move about and consider rehydrations salts.

Swollen feet ankles affected me after travelling long distances and not drinking enough, also after heavy sweating (when racing) and consequent salt imbalance followed by more travelling!

Last time it happened to me I then had a bit of visual disturbance and a slight migraine which confirmed the dehydration. Was fine the next day.
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Isn't this a classic potassium deficiency sign?

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Have you been eating anything that you wouldn't normally? I get swollen ankles when I eat any of the foods that I'm intolerant to. have you been eating more salt than usual? Have you eaten something with hidden MSG in it, such as bought chicken stock?
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelda View Post
    Have you been very stationary (ie sitting a lot) combined with potential dehydration? Have you worked hard and sweated a lot in last day or so doing sprints/weights?

Alleviate symptoms by raising your feet above your heart to encourage drainage, also drink, move about and consider rehydrations salts.

Swollen feet ankles affected me after travelling long distances and not drinking enough, also after heavy sweating (when racing) and consequent salt imbalance followed by more travelling!

Last time it happened to me I then had a bit of visual disturbance and a slight migraine which confirmed the dehydration. Was fine the next day.
    This sounds like the likely cause. Since going primal, I haven't really paid much attention to my water intake and I get dehydrated pretty easily, but this has never happened to me before.

Isn't this a classic potassium deficiency sign?
    This is also a slight possibility. I take Mag Citrate which may cause the deficiency, but also take Athletic Greens most days which has 300mg Potassium per serving. And I frequently eat avocado, strawberries, tomatoes, bell pepper, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, and tuna all of which are listed as foods that are potassium rich. Hmmm.... would taking Mag cause an imbalance?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast