Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Oz today... and Oprah....ugh.... page

chia is offline Senior Member

Dr. Oz today... and Oprah....ugh....

did anyone see these shows today? just viewed them on the DVR from this morning... Oprah had 20 people, with Bob Green's help, lose weight and get healthy...he prescribed they do 300 minutes of cardio a week, upping it from the initial 200. Strength training too, of course, and yes, they all lost plenty of weight...but I would think this is difficult to maintain...and, it may produce fat loss, which is what they wanted, but hormonally, I wonder about the damage done?

As for Dr. Oz... STRICT veganism talk, based on the China Study. this one gentleman regarded all oils processed foods, since they obviously have been pressed, and topped this massive salad with tofu and lemon juice.... however, how does one absorb fat soluble nutrients without the vitamins ADEK?..

they presented statistics about cancer cells growing with too much protein, and stopping with plant matter only...and other studies.... as usual, there is so much information out there that is confusing the masses.
    I suppose i should get a blood test, that sort of thing...to see how i'm doing, but i just figure if my waist is tiny, and blood pressure low...i'm good..these shows instil fear...and concern...i suppose they can help those that exist on junk food...but i find there is just too much info...most of it, incorrect.
    thoughts?

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Why are you watching these people? You know they will drive you crazy.... They are entertainers, they are not educational or helpful.

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Ugh! Why did you torture yourself?
    So, olive oil and coconut oil are processed, and tofu is not a processed food? Right, that makes perfect sense.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DianeThePurple View Post
    Why are you watching these people? You know they will drive you crazy.... They are entertainers, they are not educational or helpful.
    Agreed. It is akin to a thread which says, "I got kicked repeatedly in the groin today. It hurt!" Well, no sh*t.

No offense intended to the OP but I honestly can't see why anyone watches those clowns.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Yeah. I've just been watching this. Olive oil is processed but apparently vinegar, tofu and nutritional yeast aren't. Right. If this diet is so natural, how come they tell you that you have to take B12 supplements?

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Threads like this affirm my decision not to have a TV.

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Dr Mehmet is a cardiothoracic surgeon, so it's fair to assume his opinions are worth at least lending an ear to.

Anybody who takes their health cues from Oprah deserves to die anyway.

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    I saw both shows. At least Dr Oz vaguely pointed out the need for B12 supplementation on that plan.

this one gentleman regarded all oils processed foods
    That would be Neal Barnard, MD from the PRCM and his vegan agenda.

Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) - Neal Barnard, M.D., president

Relationship with PETA

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and the foundation that manages it—the Foundation to Support Animal Protection, also known as the PETA Foundation—donated over $850,000 to PCRM between 1988 and 2000, and Barnard sat on the Foundation's board until 2005. Barnard also writes a medical column for Animal Times, PETA's magazine.[8] PCRM has responded to criticism about this from groups it says are funded by the meat, dairy, or chemical industries by stating it has no corporate affiliation with any animal protection group, and that PETA's contribution to PCRM was small.[17]

PCRM—along with PETA and groups such as the Centers for Disease Control, the Center for Science in the Public Interest, and Mothers Against Drunk Driving—has been the subject of public criticism for several years by the Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF), a non-profit lobby group representing the food and beverage industry.[18] The New York Times reported CCF's and PCRM's criticism of each other in 2004. CCF called PCRM a front for PETA, arguing that when PCRM offers health advice, they "do a very slick job of obscuring their real intentions," which is simply to oppose the use of meat, dairy products and alcohol. PCRM responded that, "If you are in the business of putting veal or beef on the tables of America, and slaughtering more than a million animals per hour, and making an awful lot of money at it, you are going to try to neutralize PETA or other animal-rights groups."[19]
    Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    ... and tomorrow Dr Oz will give us the know how to fight fat for those of us over 40.

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I saw a Dr. Oz show the last week where he was hawking the blood type diet and if you are an O you should be on the caveman diet. He actually said it. Eat like your ancestors, and he says don't eat grains.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/tough...-answered-pt-1
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast