Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily coconit oil? How much?? page

tom05 is offline Member

Daily coconit oil? How much??

Primal Fuel
    Hey peeps

ive been browsing through the forum because im sure this has been answered before, so apologies if it has

anywho, coconut oil. I found a post today on MDA saying coconut oil aided in fat loss? this sounded great so i went out today and bought some. I love the taste, can eat it raw if need be so there is no issue of taking it. im just wondering how much is sufficient and how much is too much? the reason im asking is because i made some coconut bark with it using 100% cacoa and a touch of honey and its amazing. just wondering how much i should limit myself to.

cheers!

Griff is offline Senior Member
    I have about a tablespoon of it a day... which reminds me that I need to order more from Amazon soon.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I also eat 1-2 tbsps a day. Most days it's 1 usually in my coffee.
    Georgette

tom05 is offline Member
    thx!

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    I use it with butter on veggies.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I go through periods of having anywhere from 1-3 teaspoons, but can never keep it up for long and sometimes forget about it all together as I don't really cook with it much anymore. I'm not entirely convinced that it aids in fat loss when ingested in higher amounts, just seems very counter-intuitive to eat more in order to lose more,. I have read the literature but I'm not really convinced, I actually get a little lost in the part where it supposedly gets used as energy straight away and has almost no chance of being stored as bodyfat, which is nice, but I'm not sure how it helps shed fat and haven't read anything convincing enough to warrant gulping down more of the oill. I think if you truly like it, then it's worth it to average 3-4 teaspoons a day and report if it actually has helped but I would bet that most of it would still come from diet + exercise and it'd be too hard to isolate CO as the reason for MOST of the fat loss. Personally, I don't mind doing a "shot" every now and then, but when I tried to take more it wasn't the most pleasant thing.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I personally don't really get the "eat coconut oil straight" thing. I don't remember seeing Mark recommend it, and it just seems a little strange to me. I tried it once out of curiosity, but won't be making a habit of it.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

happy1 is offline Member
    Start out with just a teaspoon - overdosing can create stomach issues. Can work up to several tablespoons, but again, let your system adjust to it.

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    I have 1-3 Tbsp a day, I think...

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil encourages ketosis so more fat burning. Need to cut back if weight/fat loss stalling according to Jaminet of The Perfect Health Diet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast