Thread: Downtrodden and confused. page

Sheldoneousk is offline Junior Member

Downtrodden and confused.

Primal Fuel
    Greeting fellow MDA followers,

I have some problems that I was hopeing some of you folks could help me out with.
    In early Feb. I was diagnosed with a hyperactive thyroiditis. For about a month I was fatiged and experinced muscle weakness and lost 40 lbs. Now I was a fairly healthy guy prior to that and "loosely" follow a primal eating style. I was 195 at approx 15%bf. My squat was around 5x275 and I was energetic and lively.

I took nearly 2 months off from all heavy lifting and arobic activity due to my heart feeling like it was bursting though my chest and not wanting to risk further weightloss. So now I am on thyroid meds until my thyroid starts acting right and feel more energetic but not 100% . My problem is that I have lost a significant amount of strenght. My max squat is now 135x5 and I am bearly getting that up. I was following a Crossfit type workout before this all happend and am not able to keep up with the intensity at this time. Now I don't know where to start with my lifting and was hoping you all could give me suggestions.

My goals are to get back to being strong and getting my weight up from the 160 it is now.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    High intensity met con work (like crossfit) is clearly going to be your biggest challenge at this point. It's a cliche but it doesn't really matter where you are or where you were, as long as you keep progressing. Stick with lifting, although it will be lighter than you'd like at this stage, as it will give you the most flexibility in terms of moderating your rest periods.

Yeah my ego has taken a huge hit in all of this because I expect myself to be as strong and be able to lift the same. I will keep going I just need to find my way again. I was doing the PBF but don't get the same gratification from bodyweight only workouts as lifting iron.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldoneousk View Post
    Yeah my ego has taken a huge hit in all of this because I expect myself to be as strong and be able to lift the same. I will keep going I just need to find my way again. I was doing the PBF but don't get the same gratification from bodyweight only workouts as lifting iron.
    Ego will kill you. Just use that energy to get back to where you were and surpass it.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well thanks for the pep talk coach. I will stay the course.