Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airplane fare? page

TCM
    TCM is offline Junior Member

Airplane fare?

Primal Fuel
    Any creative ideas beyond the usual trail mix, nuts, hardboiled eggs, jerky, etc? What do you all take while traveling via airplane to avoid the food in the airports/on plane?

Calibunny is offline Member
    Here is a rule I follow when traveling - nothing that smells! so forget about the hardboiled eggs. or eat them in the car before you enter the airport. I'm flying in June, and i'm planning on taking beef jerky, nuts, an apple, some sliced beef or turkey spread with whipped cream cheese. I only have a 3 hour flight, so I'm not worried. The only thing I will buy to eat in an airport is a Starbucks coffee, and that is IT.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    an airplane ride seems like a good opportunity for some intermittent fasting...

...that's what grok would have done whenever he flew on airplanes

PrimalRFG is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    +1. About to fly (with a layover). Will provide me the opportunity for a good 18 hr fast.

TCM
    TCM is offline Junior Member
    Hmmm fasting probably is a good idea, didn't think about that...but I have a very early flight, and a long day of flying, so I know I'm going to get hungry and probably grouchy at some point. There's nothing wrong with the old standbys of jerky and trail mix, I was just wondering if anyone had any different ideas!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    Hmmm fasting probably is a good idea, didn't think about that...but I have a very early flight, and a long day of flying, so I know I'm going to get hungry and probably grouchy at some point. There's nothing wrong with the old standbys of jerky and trail mix, I was just wondering if anyone had any different ideas!
    You can do it! A plane would be a great place for a first IF, because really... there aren't that many options! lol
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    My last trip I packed some sliced deli meat (Applegate Farms), a couple of hard boiled eggs, some macadamia nuts, and an apple and a packet of almond butter. I hardly ate any of it, but I was glad I had it with me as I wasn't up for travelling, changing planes and going for a 27 hour IF.

I still hate that you can't bring your own bottle of water with you. :-/
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    +1 This is what I do now. Great opportunity for fasting. My travel is often between Alaska and the east coast so this occasionally gets me to a 24 hr+ fast.

Next month, I'm flying from Ohio to New Zealand. So I have about 20 hours of travel time to look forward to. I'm packing lots of fresh cut-up veggies (carrots, peppers, cucumbers, etc) and homemade jerky. I'm not bringing nuts or fruits because they aren't satisfying enough. Also, I can totally eat 5 pounds of nuts while sitting on that plane, and that's the last thing I need. I requested gluten-free meals for my flight, so maybe there will be something edible in there. Otherwise, like others said, this will probably be a fasting time.
    -Krystal

tanyayogi is offline Senior Member
    Buenos Aires until I start at NYU in the fall!
    If

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast