Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to Re-train My Calorie Counting Brain? page 3

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So...I counted calories for 6 weeks. Boring! It did work for fat loss, but I needed to find a more sustainable way to manage my food intake.

I gently started Intermittent Fasting and have been able to shift from 3 meals, plus snacks to 1-2 meals a day. It's really working for me--and I only have a pound or two to lose!

Here is a good Primer, if you are interested: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27894.html

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Dragonfly,

I think I'm pretty much iffing as it is... well, I mean, it seems like it to me.

I have 1/2 cup of coffee at 6:30am (which *does* break the fast, but it ain't a meal), then I have my first meal of the day at 12:30
    then dinner at 6pm.

I go to bed around 9 - so if you don't count the coffee - it's a good 15 hours of fasting.

My problem is eating something fully satiating, but then having something legal and toothsome pop into my head and then I HAVE to have it.

Like them nuts. . . . still in my eating window.. and by golly, I ate 'em.

Lame.

I really thought that when giving up all those other things, magical stuff would happen... but it hasn't.

However, it's only been a month, but you'd think a month would be enough to see SOMETHING, so I must just be eating too much.

Ah well, I'm giving myself until May 10th to not calorie count and if I balloon up to epic proportions, I'll start counting again.

Thank you for your post. I appreciate it!

Julie

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, it's the mind games that get us every time!

It's taken me a couple of months to finally get that my body fat is FOOD. So if I eat one meal to satiety, then the rest of my calories will come from my body fat.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Oh I hear ya!

Many times while hiking my stomach will rumble, growl and I will yell: "oh shut up! eat the fat off my a$$ or something!"

So annoying when it doesn't listen.

Robynbee is offline Senior Member
    I'd like to try IF, but I don't know which method would work better; the "Eating Window" or the 24-hour on and off.
    I think the Eating Window is more me, because I'm not a huge breakfast person and I could easily skip it.

Man, even TALKING about skipping breakfast makes me feel guilty, as if someone is going to come and lecture me about
    the importance of the first meal of the day.

Dragonfly, what IF method do you use?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123