Thread: any input page

jenikinz is offline Junior Member

any input

Shop Now
    Not sure what forum to post this...
    I think I am brainwashed.
    I do well on no carb and then someone will comment or try and convince me that I am wrong and hurting myself etc etc. and then I start to question myself.
    I am at the point where I think I will just not tell anyone anything...when they ask I will just ignore them...why oh why does what I will or won't eat have to be anyone elses business anyway?!
    Some days I just don't want to eat and will get to about 600 calories and that voice will kick in telling me I can't live on that I am starving myself etc etc.
    Compounding the fact is that we are pretty poor so I make due with what we can afford and I am also a picky eater. I can list out maybe a dozen foods I will eat and I really dont' see why its an issue...if I can handle eating the same things every day and I am getting all my nutrients what difference does it make? It's just fuel...I dont' feel like I am missing out because I plan to never touch another cookie, pie, cake, chip, ice cream...you get the point. But people will tell me that I am missing out and depriving myself and that what I am doing is harmful etc.
    I guess I am just looking for sympathy and someone to tell me that I am doing ok and not to listen to all that...I KNOW this. but there is still that little voice that asks what if I AM hurting myself by not eating enough? Then I tell myself that eating doritos and a 2 liter of coke everyday was starvation because my body couldn't even USE any of it because there is NO nutrition in it at all so if I had to choose which way to starve I would rather starve on veggies, meat, nuts and fruit than doritos, coke, chocolate, pie etc.
    Yesterday I only ate 600 calories and spent 2 hours outside weeding the yard and had a headache all night but I wasn't hungry. So how is forcing myself to eat when I don't want to any better than stuffing myself silly 24 hours a day?

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Well... are you doing OK? Can you be physically active all day and feel fit, healthy and ready to do it all again the next day? Sprint for the bus? Carry your heavy shopping/ children/ whatever else you need to carry? Concentrate well on your work for the full 9-5? Enjoy your downtime?

Or at least - if you started from a bad place - are you getting closer to being able to do all that?

zsadie is offline Senior Member
    You're definitely not crazy! Ignore the naysayers, stick with what feels right to you. If you're not hungry there's no true law that says you have to eat. We grow up with our parents' words echoing in our minds "clean your plates, there's starving children everywhere!" For one how does eating everything on MY plate help those starving elsewhere? ( I know it's a guilt trip, but I'd feel guilty if I DID eat everything on my plate and didn't share it with a starving person). Even though we're not hungry, we've been trained to finish our meals no matter what or there are serious consquences for not eating it. (can't leave the table until your finished, grounded for a week or more, sound lashing, or some other disciplinary action.)

For me the Primal Blueprint is it...it's the only 'diet plan' I will follow for the rest of my life because it's simple and makes perfect sense to me, plus when I've been really good on it, I really feel a positive difference, and that tells me everything I need to know that there is some profound truth to the lifestyle and it works for me.

I wish you the best on your health endeavors!
    "Achievement begins with belief."

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27309.html

kitana is offline Senior Member
    There's one voice that you can hear that all the naysayers can't - your own body's. No one else can listen to it like you, and sadly many people ignore their body's needs and don't listen to what it's trying to tell them. Only you know what's right for you and it can take a surprising amount of inner strength to stick up for your body, but no one else can truly know how you feel, so it's worth it!

buzzkiller is offline Junior Member
    I don't let broke people tell me how to manage my money, I don't let unhealthy people tell me how to eat.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    You are not crazy! <3

Yesterday my calories came in at 699. I ran around all day, hiked with my groklings and had a very active day. You aren't depriving yourself because you don't want to eat junk, that's just peoples way of justifying an unhealthy exsistance. GROK ON!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

kitana is offline Senior Member
    Also remember - there will likely be days when you consume 2500-3000 calories. It will even out. Grok didn't get 3 squares a day either. There were times of plenty, and times of scarcity, and your body is much more evolved to handle that cycle than it is to handle our modern way of eating.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    You are not alone! If anyone is brainwashed, it's the masses who believe low fat, whole wheat, unrecognizable processed stuff that tastes like crap is the answer to all of life's problems.