Thread: Primal Journal (primaltri10) page

primaltri10 is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (primaltri10)

Primal Fuel
    hey all,

im a 25 year old male, 5'7, 140 lbs, run a lot and am starting to race triathlons again (race this sunday will be first one in 6 years). am pretty competitive (will place top 5 in my age group, have broken an hour and 30 min in the half marathon). thought i was at a healthy weight/body fat composition until last week when my trainer tested my body fat and i was at 14%, so i am going full paleo/primal for next 26 days (going on a trip on the 26th day and there will be enough boozing to make up for these 26 days, my little cousin turns 21). My hope is to get my BF down to 8 to 9% by end of may-early june. i have been semi primal (whatever that means) since early february. So here goes my first two days of food intake and exercise...

Day 1 - 4/25/11
    1. B -
    a- 2 eggs over easy (CO)
    b- 4 strips organic bacon
    c - 16 oz coffee w/ cinnamon
    2. L-
    a- Salad w/ chicken, and avocado (no dressing)
    3. D-
    a- 2 cups broccoli
    b- 2 organic sausages
    4. Snacks-
    a- handful of almond/dried cranberry mix
    b- handful frozen blackberries
    c- 1 tbs almond butter
    d- 2 prunes
    5. Workout -
    a- 50 min run (6.5 miles) 90% of run was at or under 75% max heart rate
    b- 20 pull ups
    c- core workout...Hard Core - Exercises to Strengthen Your Abs For Better Performance
    6. Supplements -
    a- 2 tsp magnesium
    b- 5,000 ius Vit D3
    c- 2 tbs carlsons fish oil
    d- 6 grams L-glutamine

Day 2 - 4/26/11
    1. B -
    a- 2 eggs over easy (CO)
    b- 3 strips organic bacon
    c - 16 oz coffee w/ cinnamon
    d- 1/4 avocado
    2. L-
    a- Salad - spinach, romain, jalapenos, tomatoes, 1/4 avocado, canned salmon (w/mustard); dressing - olive oil, balsamic, garlic powder, salt and pepper
    b- one sausage from dinner the night before
    3. D-
    a- homemade sausage (made by my grandpa)
    b- 1/2 tomato with olive oil and balsamic
    4. Snacks-
    a- handful of almond/dried cranberry mix
    b- handful frozen blackberries
    c- 2 prunes
    5. Workout -
    a- 45 min of lifting at gym
    b- 30 min on indoor trainer - 5min warm up/8 min cool down; 6x1 min sprint&1.5 min easy; 2x30sec sprint&2 min easy
    6. Supplements -
    a- 2 tsp magnesium
    b- 5,000 ius Vit D3
    c- 2 tbs carlsons fish oil
    d- 6 grams L-glutamine

sorry so long, but i will do daily updates and posts will be much shorter. please leave comments regarding suggestions on my diet. i know ill get chronic cardio comments but one step at a time im only 1 man. thanks.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Don't apologize for the length of the post. The more we know, the better we can make suggestions.

Distance events are not primal, no, but if they are your passion, go for it! However, you may find that less is more.

Grok on!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Yeah, I'm still on the fence on that. Have you ever read Born to Run by Christopher McDougall? Definitely a good read and discusses how our ancestors used to run down their prey.

However, once I am done with my main race at the end of June, I will alter my exercise program a bit and see how it works for me.

day #3 food/workout/supplements...

1. B-
    a- 3 eggs over easy fried with 3/4 tbs CO and saracha
    b- 3 slices organic bacon
    c- 10 oz coffee w/ cinnamon

2.L-
    a- Half chicken breast and small chicken thigh
    b- 2 cans tuna (in H20) with 1 tbs olive oil and mustard

3.D-
    a-small chicken thigh
    b- small plate of carne asada, guacamole, salsa, lettuce and tomatoes from mexican restaurant - surprisingly not hard to stay away from the chips and salsa

4. Snacks-
    a- 1 handful of frozen blackberries
    b- 1 cup mixed fresh berries

5. Workout-
    a- 1000 meter swim
    b- 20 pull ups
    c- 3/4 core workout Hard Core - Exercises to Strengthen Your Abs For Better Performance

will post today's food/exercise tonight or in the morning, but feeling really good so far. Tried to really restrict carbs yesterday, probably only ate around 50-70 grams. will stay under 100 grams today and then probably 100-150 friday and saturday as i am racing on sunday.