Thread: Soreness? page

bobbitt81 is offline Senior Member

Soreness?

Shop Now
    So, back when I was doing the CW thing and I worked out, I was ALWAYS sore.

Now, I don't get sore. Even if I feel like I've pushed myself really hard lifting, I don't end up sore.

That's really strange to me. Part of me is wondering if I'm not pushing myself hard enough. The other part is wondering if there's an explanation based on dietary changes.

Thoughts?

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Paleo eating doesn't prevent soreness. It's probably worth asking yourself whether you're *really* doing hard workouts.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I would think if you are generally less inflamed that you may get less soreness than you did before, and the diet can do that.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Abu Reena is offline Senior Member
    i think this whole "inflammation" thing is blown out of proportion. We're referring to systemic inflammation, stuff measured by c-reactive protein. We're not talking about soreness or inflammation caused by injuring your body, which, if you are lifting heavy enough, you are doing. (Relax, I'm talking about the micro-tears that lead to muscle growth.) I've been primal for well over a year and I still get DOMS when I lift heavy.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Reena View Post
    i think this whole "inflammation" thing is blown out of proportion. We're referring to systemic inflammation, stuff measured by c-reactive protein. We're not talking about soreness or inflammation caused by injuring your body, which, if you are lifting heavy enough, you are doing. (Relax, I'm talking about the micro-tears that lead to muscle growth.) I've been primal for well over a year and I still get DOMS when I lift heavy.
    +1
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Eh, I've been getting less sore since I changed my way of eating, and I'm pushing myself harder than ever. I used to get crippling DOMS, now I just get unpleasant DOMS
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

bobbitt81 is offline Senior Member
    Word. Time to push harder,