Thread: Primal Hormone Adjustment Symptoms page

Aliayzar is offline Member

Primal Hormone Adjustment Symptoms

Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone,

This is my first post since my meet and greet and I am really excited for my first post. I have mainly been reading around and adsorbing other peoples thoughts and wisdom.

I know with the PB style of eating if you have any hormonal imbalances they should start to correct themselves. I am 23 female with an under active thyroid and adrenal gland and an estrogen dominance and ovarian cyst and luckily for me I was sick so much as a kid I was given antibiotics left and right.

Right now my last two menstrual cycles have been noticeably better except on the first day where I just basically sort of black out because of the pain. What I have noticed though is an increase in daily nausea, fatigue, dizziness, general anemic feeling, small anxiety attacks, some joint pains that come and go, and mild stomach pains and upset like when I had IBS.

I was wondering if anyone else out there ever experienced these symptoms or what did you experience while your hormones were correcting and any thoughts on what I should do. Right now I am taking Blue Ice Fermented Cod Liver Oil and a multivitamin from my biofeedback doctor.
    Thanks for all your help and thoughts.

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like the carb flu to me. You should tell us more about yourself and diet. How long have you been primal, how many carbs do you consume per day? etc.... After adjusting to primal by going through the "carb flu" for a couple days I felt fantastic but I have found that I cannot go below 50-70 carbs a day for very long (I have hypothyroidism) and function very well. I think my adrenals go into stress mode or something.

Tell us more about your eating habits please.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliayzar View Post
    Hey everyone,

This is my first post since my meet and greet and I am really excited for my first post. I have mainly been reading around and adsorbing other peoples thoughts and wisdom.

I know with the PB style of eating if you have any hormonal imbalances they should start to correct themselves. I am 23 female with an under active thyroid and adrenal gland and an estrogen dominance and ovarian cyst and luckily for me I was sick so much as a kid I was given antibiotics left and right.

Right now my last two menstrual cycles have been noticeably better except on the first day where I just basically sort of black out because of the pain. What I have noticed though is an increase in daily nausea, fatigue, dizziness, general anemic feeling, small anxiety attacks, some joint pains that come and go, and mild stomach pains and upset like when I had IBS.

I was wondering if anyone else out there ever experienced these symptoms or what did you experience while your hormones were correcting and any thoughts on what I should do. Right now I am taking Blue Ice Fermented Cod Liver Oil and a multivitamin from my biofeedback doctor.
    Thanks for all your help and thoughts.
    Ever been checked for endometriosis? Sounds like that more than anything. Does moving around make the pain go away? Reason I ask is that I pass out from the pain and its slowly going to back to normal for me which is extremely painful. Also movement such as exercise helps.
    Georgette

I have been checked for endometriosis and I am clear thank goodness, but ever since I can remember menstrual time is down time and moving makes it 10x worse.

Before going primal I was following the Weston Price way of eating (grass-fed meats, organ meats, lacto-fermented fruits and vegetables, raw dairy, fresh fruits and vegetables, soaked nuts and seeds, no sugar because of my candida and no grains except sprouted or soaked corn because I get allergic reactions to most everything else). I have been eating primal now for a little over two months and I am not to sure my carb intake but I know it is usually below a hundred the few times I checked properly.

Most of my carbs come from nuts and fruits and vegetables. I do not eat root vegetables, except carrots and french fries occasionally cannot live without french fries, unless I am pms'ing and badly want carbs. I still eat raw cheese and occasionally have raw milk. I do have desserts here and there with stevia or sometimes honey but nothing else.

What is the carb flu?

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Were you checked by ultrasound or a scope? If it was by ultrasound, those don't normally show anything. If you hadn't been checked by a scope, I would suggest you do so. That gives a more definitive diagnosis.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Geostump thanks for the advice I was checked by an ultrasound in my late teens, now I think I will make another appointment to get it checked out by scope.

I am reading about magnesium deficiency and I think I might be lacking. I recently started getting irriatble to the extreme when I am pms'ing and with the nausea, dizziness, fatigue and anxiety attacks. I recently notice this Sunday after my 2 hour walk a numb tingling sensation in both hands as well.

Classic I am not to sure about the carb-flu from what I am reading I have been pretty low carb for quite a while, started cutting out even corn the last few months on Nourishing Traditions way of eating before going primal, but it is a possibility my body likes to take its good old time to realize something different is going on.

Thank you all for the help and suggestions.