Thread: Primal for a Poor Ghetto White Boy page

Arboarba is offline Junior Member

Primal for a Poor Ghetto White Boy

Primal Fuel
    I'm going to focus on three things in this diet :
    1) Getting enough Vitamins and Minerals
    2) Getting enough Fats and Proteins while minimizing Carbs
    3) Being able to accomplish these two things while not spending over $200 per month

I'm in Detroit so $200 goes a lot farther than a lot of you West Coasters would think, so I should be able to make this diet work. I'm going to be doing three things in this thread that I think will help out you people who are trying to Paleo on a budget :

1) Take Pictures of each meal that I eat in it's entirety, and any snacks
    2) Tell how much the meal cost and where I bought it
    3) Be posting pictures of my physique throughout the entire process

I'm only going to be doing one exercise all-throughout the Paleo experience : Sprints. I know there are others, but I've had great success with these in the past and I don't feel like I can take on a full exercise program until I earn more money and can have more food. Right now I'm 5'8 and 150 and in terrible health, with what I consider to be some type of distended stomach from eating junk neolithic foods. Here is my physique on day one , and at the end of each week I'll take a picture of my physique :

edit : I don't have a digital camera right now but I'm going to have one at lunch time today, so I'll post a picture of my physique in the next post, and also start posting pictures of my meals at that time as well. I truly am doing this for accountability purposes and to just make myself conscious of the foods I'm eating, but I also hope to get some criticism on what foods I choose and hopefully some tips on eating paleo while being broke.

Please subscribe and wish me luck and/or pray for me. This is a serious concern for me, to be able to suppress the gut inflammation and get my energy and health back.

I hope that my experience will be of use to other poor people who are trying to go Paleo
    (note, my paleo diet is going to include eggs and milk, flame me if you want but these are a few of the foods that give me energy and have the most 'bang for their buck')

Keepin it real,
    - Arbo

Squawlady is offline Junior Member
    Arbo,

Good luck! Keep us posted :-). If you need ideas, just ask.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Good luck fella, will be watching with interest. Very interested in how sprints as your sole exercise will develop your physique.

HTownGirl is offline Senior Member
    I'll be interested in seeing what you eat on $200/month. I spend about $150/week for just hubby and me, and I don't live on the West Coast either. Of course that counts household products and pet food too.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    You can do other bodyweight exercise - they won't cost you a cent. Push-ups, squats, find something you can lift like a kettlebell (bottle of laundry detergent works for me).

Good idea to keep a food budget journal. I might just have to try that myself. Good luck!

Karate Lisa is offline Senior Member
    Good luck, Arbo !
    "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Good luck!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arboarba View Post
    I'm going to focus on three things in this diet :
    1) Getting enough Vitamins and Minerals
    2) Getting enough Fats and Proteins while minimizing Carbs
    3) Being able to accomplish these two things while not spending over $200 per month

I'm in Detroit so $200 goes a lot farther than a lot of you West Coasters would think, so I should be able to make this diet work. I'm going to be doing three things in this thread that I think will help out you people who are trying to Paleo on a budget :

1) Take Pictures of each meal that I eat in it's entirety, and any snacks
    2) Tell how much the meal cost and where I bought it
    3) Be posting pictures of my physique throughout the entire process

I'm only going to be doing one exercise all-throughout the Paleo experience : Sprints. I know there are others, but I've had great success with these in the past and I don't feel like I can take on a full exercise program until I earn more money and can have more food. Right now I'm 5'8 and 150 and in terrible health, with what I consider to be some type of distended stomach from eating junk neolithic foods. Here is my physique on day one , and at the end of each week I'll take a picture of my physique :

edit : I don't have a digital camera right now but I'm going to have one at lunch time today, so I'll post a picture of my physique in the next post, and also start posting pictures of my meals at that time as well. I truly am doing this for accountability purposes and to just make myself conscious of the foods I'm eating, but I also hope to get some criticism on what foods I choose and hopefully some tips on eating paleo while being broke.

Please subscribe and wish me luck and/or pray for me. This is a serious concern for me, to be able to suppress the gut inflammation and get my energy and health back.

I hope that my experience will be of use to other poor people who are trying to go Paleo
    (note, my paleo diet is going to include eggs and milk, flame me if you want but these are a few of the foods that give me energy and have the most 'bang for their buck')

Keepin it real,
    - Arbo
    Arbo-
    Speaking as the token white girl who grew up where the barrio met the ghetto, I feel your pain. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your journal and offering up pointers as they seem relevant or handy. I've had some damn fine, almost gourmet meals for dirt cheap. (By the way, take a cruise down to the Asian and/ or Mexican side of town. You'll likely get killer deals on meat and find several you didn't know existed for dirt cheap. Same goes for vegetation.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Barefoot is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Best of luck to you! I'll be keeping an eye on this - I'm on a strict budget too.

And eggs are awesome, I eat tons of them. (You should check your local craigslist to see if there are any farmers selling free-range chicken eggs! I get mine pretty cheap that way). You definitely won't get any flames for eating them. Lots of people here do dairy too.