Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal :: LucyH page 2

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Today is beautiful, and I went for a walk at lunch and then stopped at a sushi place to eat. I haven't been eating out at all, so I decided to treat myself today. The sushi chef made me a beautiful sashimi salad, and a spicy tuna handroll, without rice. I am feeling pretty darn good at the moment.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Pretty!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Belinda, do you have a journal thread that I can follow? Are you still working on losing weight, or getting strong, or both?

It was too dark when I got home last night for walking or weeding, so I'm glad I walked at lunch. I've been trolling paleo recipe blogs and decided to do something like this for dinner. I forewent the eggplant out of sheer impatience, but I will definitely make the baba ganoush soon. I used ground lamb & grass fed beef, which was a perfect combination. It was really quick and easy and satisfying. I have leftovers for lunch today!

I felt so energetic on my walk tonight, I would have gone a lot farther if only it didn't get dark! I live in a small town with no street lights or sidewalks, so it just doesn't work. Winston is greatly enjoying all the walking too, I think.
    I wasn't super hungry tonight, so I just made some Ginger Beef soup:

I sauteed some leeks, zucchini, mushrooms, a little fresh ginger, and stew meat in a little coconut oil, and seasoned it with Thai red curry paste. I heated up a carton of organic beef broth, and simmered it with a little of the curry paste too. Then I put some meat & veg in a bowl and ladled the hot broth over it and garnished it with cilantro leaves and a squeeze of lime.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

VanessaM is offline Member
    Wow Lucy, the food looks amazing! You are quite the chef;-)
    5'6" female, 37 yo

4/23/11: #250
    main goal right now is to loose weight and to have more energy

Thanks Vanessa! I love to cook, and at first I was thinking that I would really miss baking and other things, but it turns out that I am having fun getting really creative with all these delicious meats, vegetables and eggs. Plus, there are actually a lot of really good recipe sites out there that focus on Paleo cooking. I had no idea!

Quote Originally Posted by lucyh View Post
    Belinda, do you have a journal thread that I can follow? Are you still working on losing weight, or getting strong, or both?
    I don't have a journal set up here. I'm really bad with that kind of stuff. I go for a few days and then, because my life is basically boring, I run out of things to say!

I'd like to lose 20-25 more pounds but being stronger and more flexible would be great side-effects My main goal is to extend my life, and be healthy for that life span, so that I can see my youngest daughter grow up. A couple of years ago I did a life expectancy test and I think I maxed out at about 65! That would mean I wouldn't even see her turn 30. That was a wake up call, but I still waited until this January to get my ass in gear. I'm a procrastinator!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!

F/49/5'4"
    GW 140 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by lucyh View Post
    Thanks Vanessa! I love to cook, and at first I was thinking that I would really miss baking and other things, but it turns out that I am having fun getting really creative with all these delicious meats, vegetables and eggs. Plus, there are actually a lot of really good recipe sites out there that focus on Paleo cooking. I had no idea!
    Your cooking might be good, but your food photography is amazing. Very professional.

F/49/5'4"
    GW 140 lbs

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    I don't have a journal set up here. I'm really bad with that kind of stuff. I go for a few days and then, because my life is basically boring, I run out of things to say!

I'd like to lose 20-25 more pounds but being stronger and more flexible would be great side-effects My main goal is to extend my life, and be healthy for that life span, so that I can see my youngest daughter grow up. A couple of years ago I did a life expectancy test and I think I maxed out at about 65! That would mean I wouldn't even see her turn 30. That was a wake up call, but I still waited until this January to get my ass in gear. I'm a procrastinator!
    Hee hee, my life isn't exactly a thrill a minute (get up, feed the chickens, go to work, come home, cook something, take pictures, walk the dog, knit and watch tv), but it's not bad I mostly just want to use this to keep track of what I eat and exercise, I think it will be useful for fine-tuning. Plus, it's nice to make friends that are on a similar journey, so thanks for coming and commenting here! I really appreciate that. And only 65?! I'm so glad you are turning things around. That is just way too young! I'm sure your daughter will thank you!

As for the photos, thanks! I do also like photography. I'm a novice, but it's fun for me. The last few photos were actually from my iPhone. It does better with the white balance when I take evening shots than my dSLR.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast