Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 days into PB and I have not lost a single pound, what is wrong with me? page 2

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by VanessaM View Post
    The meat alone brings me to 1500, the olive oil to another 500...
    So you are having about 6 Tbsp of olive oil per day? Just want to make sure you are calculating it correctly.

If you are going to track, you need to weigh out the food as well. 2,600 calories should be a deficit for you. It might take a few more weeks before you see anything. I gained 8 lbs in the first 2-3 months but lost a considerable amount of body fat.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    meat calories on tracking sites can be REALLY hit or miss b/c there is so much variation in fat even in the same cut of meat.

It's only been four days...any noticeable weight loss in only four days is going to be water weight which can go wildly up and down...I can gain or lose 10lbs in a week just by eating lots of carbs or by cutting carbs out and working out a lot.

Give it time. Focus on eating quality food to satiety. Get in some exercise. Make sleep a priority.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

zsadie is offline Senior Member
    I've been learning to have a bit of patience for myself too. It is hard especially when you want to SEE results right away. For immediate gratification results, pay attention to how you FEEL vs how you look or weigh. I did this in January, and it confirmed my belief in what the PB can do for me personally. Everyone has different reactions to switching to the lifestyle, so you have to experiment. If after a month you're not seeing results, change a little something about what you're doing. I didn't really see results in January as much as I would have liked, but I felt them. The biggies were way less bloating which made my clothes fit better; more energy, mental clarity at work, and overall just HAPPIER. Not just because I was proud of myself for doing so well, but I'm sure it was because I was giving my body what it's been craving for decades. I am no expert, and I have a long way to go, and unfortunately I did slip a bit the last couple of months, but I'm back on track, and taking it one moment at a time.

Plus if you're lift weights and building muscle at the same time you're losing fat, then it is likely the scale will ready a weight gain! For that very reason, I stay away from the scale and am paying attention to how I feel.

Just keep at it, and don't get discouraged or beat yourself up if you slip!

Good luck to you!
    Last edited by zsadie; 04-25-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    "Achievement begins with belief."

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27309.html

VanessaM is offline Member
    @Icarian, yep 4 tbsp of olive oil. Is that much? To me it does not feel like it is a lot, I am used to much more than that.

@Kennelmom, yes, I should sleep more:-)

@Zsadie,, you are right. I do feel better, actually. I`ve got a lot done today and I am not as tired.

I guess I just have to wait, bur I really wanted the "I lost 50 pounds in a day" result:-)

Vanessa

@Icarian, FitDay calculated 477 calories for 4tbsp of olive oil...

zsadie is offline Senior Member

@Zsadie,, you are right. I do feel better, actually. I`ve got a lot done today and I am not as tired.

I guess I just have to wait, bur I really wanted the "I lost 50 pounds in a day" result:-)

Vanessa
    Don't we all! If it were only that simple! I have about 40 lbs to lose.
    "Achievement begins with belief."

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27309.html

@Zsadie, hey I take your 40 lbs anytime and give you my 60 lbs instead:-)

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Vanessa,
    I'm about the same as you, just a little taller (6 feet). I've been eating primal since the first of April and I didn't weigh myself for the first week or two. Since then I have been checking the scale, and....nothing. It is discouraging, but I really think this is a better way for me to eat and I think the weight loss will kick in eventually. I have noticed that my face, neck and shoulders are looking a little leaner, and I can see my biceps more clearly despite a layer of fat on the underside of my arms. I have also been pretty tired, but it's gradually getting better, a little every day. Don't give up!
    I am also slowly adding some fitness activity (walking, and level one strength training exercises from the PB Fitness book), so I'm hoping that will get things moving too I'd love to keep up on your progress, and maybe we could share ideas and results since we're kind of in the same place?

TheDarkMistress is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if this will help, but "Rome wasn't built in a day.". "Trust the process".

I lost slightly under 1 pound last week, but if I lose less than one pound a week for a year that will still be a significant weight loss overall. This is why I avoid weighing myself too frequently!
    cj

height: 5' 10 1/2"
    2/20/11: 210
    9/19/11: 185.5
    goal: #170

"Decide what to be, and go be it."

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    Hi Grumpy Caveman,
    I am trying to have patience, I really do. But reading all those incredible success stories I was hoping for some weight loss quick.

Anyway, here is what I ate today:

B: 2 eggs scrambled with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp worcester sauce, 1 zucchini, 5 mushrooms, 1 red bell pepper, 1 onion, 1/2 acocado, leek and 2 slices of ham.

L: 1 leftover chicken breast with veggies cooked in coconut milk

D: huge beef steak (14 oz) with 1 tbsp olive oil, asparagus ( l think about 10 strands) with olive oil and vinegar and cooked in 1 tbsp butter

That is all, no snacks and only water to drink...

Vanessa
    I can't help thinking this is a troll. An entire zucchini, bell pepper, onion PLUS leek and mushrooms PLUS two eggs PLUS ham for breakfast ... lunch not too bad... then a HUGE steak for dinner... how huge given your definition of an acceptable sized breakfast I wonder....

If you're not a troll, please don't think me rude, but you seriously need to get those portions down. PLUS... it's day four. Four days. Seriously. You expect to reverse a lifetime of eating rubbish in four days?
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast