Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A message to Mark page

denbro01 is offline Senior Member

A message to Mark

Primal Fuel
    Mark,
    We need your help!! This forum is a great place to get information but it has gotten out of control. Everyone seems t be an expert on Primal/Paleo/Primeo. If there are a 100 posts, there are 100 different opinions. Some people are getting to the point of being aggresive and demeaning. This community is losing the supportiviness that it had no too long ago. Many new people come here asking for advice and what they get is only even more confusion. We need your help to bring this forum back to a helpful and supportive community. Thanks Mark!
    All the best,
    Dennis

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    No, it's not. It's as supportive as it's ever been. Yes, I agree there are a lot of differing opinions and that can cause confusion. But we are always telling people to READ THE BOOK FIRST. If they don't, then it's their fault if they get bamboozled by all the different personal takes and tweaks or outright ignorance about the PB. Do you think it's a good idea for these boards to be moderated to the degree that, say, 30bananas is, where any dissent is met with outright bannings?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Griff is offline Senior Member
    This is Web 2.0 - user-created content. By definition, this is the way it's going to be. You have to do your own research, too, you know.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I second the OP's opinion - this forum has become a terrible way to learn about PB, and it must be awfully confusing to start here. Griff, you are the perfect example - you'll tell anyone who'll listen that 50g carbs/day is too much, no matter what - just to name one typical thing. That's the Griff way, not the PB way as you obviously know. Fruit-free, ZC, very long fasting, pure carnivore - all this peripheral freak-show stuff is what the forum has become about. When was the last thread you saw about BAS recipes?

profdjj is offline Senior Member
    It's the same as it's been since I got here - which was early fall.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by profdjj View Post
    It's the same as it's been since I got here - which was early fall.
    I agree--I joined in September last year, and the forum doesn't seem to have changed much in that time.

My advice to the OP: if you want to hear only from Mark, stick to his blog posts and avoid the forum.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Griff is offline Senior Member
    We always judge any venue as if what was here when we got here has always been the way it was, even if the things we think are "tradition" only started the day before we got there.

tfarny, yes, I admit that I advise people to stay below 50g carbs per day. I think that's the most sensible thing to do for insulin control, and I'm sorry, but unless someone is eating tons of fruit, they probably won't go above that if they are paying attention to what they are eating. Most people are here for insulin control and weight loss, not to become marathoners. For those who are ripped athletes, fine - my advice doesn't work for them. But I doubt that many of the ripped athletes even bother coming into the nutrition side of the forum. Most of the people I respond to are talking about having trouble losing weight. They post a food diary, and oh look - 300g carbs/day, or no fat in their diet. This is a constant thing, and I think I'm justified in pointing it out. If you want to lose weight, get below 50g per day. Increase if you like, but if you stop losing weight, that's going to be why. (Either that or you've reached homeostasis.)

And I do, in fact, tell people to read the book.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    I second the OP's opinion - this forum has become a terrible way to learn about PB, and it must be awfully confusing to start here. Griff, you are the perfect example - you'll tell anyone who'll listen that 50g carbs/day is too much, no matter what - just to name one typical thing. That's the Griff way, not the PB way as you obviously know. Fruit-free, ZC, very long fasting, pure carnivore - all this peripheral freak-show stuff is what the forum has become about. When was the last thread you saw about BAS recipes?
    I agree with you. My gf started reading the PB and every other day she comes up to me and points me to a passage and goes “… SEE IT’S NOT JUST EAT MEAT ALL DAY EVERYDAY… YOU CAN EAT FRUITS IT SAYS SO RIGHT HERE… MARK EATS SALADS DAILY WHY CAN’T I…”

Which reminds me, I should really read that book.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Which reminds me, I should really read that book.

Nah, it is more fun to start a 40+ page argument about why Mark is wrong and you don't need to buy the book.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

denbro01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    My advice to the OP: if you want to hear only from Mark, stick to his blog posts and avoid the forum.
    Maybe you're right.
    I have read the book, I have done my own research.
    Thanks for all the support!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast