Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A message to Mark page 3

denbro01 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Wow...really?! Exactly what I'm talking about. I have my opinion, you have yours. Fine. But the badmouthing, is it really necessary? We all come here to learn, and share, not be degraded for having an opinion or asking a question.
    No I don't need to be spoonfed information, nor do I need a babysitter, and I most certainly don't need all this useless bickering that goes on here.

aktres is offline Senior Member
    If you don't need a babysitter, why are you asking Mark to do the job? There is a lot of conflicting information here, because everyone's figuring out what works for them. It's all good.

I don't mind the conflicting info if only people can do it intelligently instead of of being so assertive that their position is the right one and the only one. Back in the day, a community went to their elders( the wisest people) to ask for advice. I don't think that is asking to be babysat. If people can't treat each other with respect and dignitity then I am truely scared at what this world is becoming.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denbro01 View Post
    I don't mind the conflicting info if only people can do it intelligently instead of of being so assertive that their position is the right one and the only one. Back in the day, a community went to their elders( the wisest people) to ask for advice. I don't think that is asking to be babysat. If people can't treat each other with respect and dignitity then I am truely scared at what this world is becoming.
    I agree with the respect and dignity thing, to a degree. But I think it's worthwhile to maintain a sense of humor about yourself, so you aren't brittle when faced with the kind of "rudeness" you face here. I rather like the "tell it like it is" flavor of this board, and I'd hate for you--a relative newcomer--to extinguish that. So I'd prefer you change YOU rather than change the board.

But the "turning to our elders" point? Absolutely not! Primal is rooted in not turning to the supposed experts for everything. If we were to do that, we'd all be eating rice cakes with fat free cheese between cardio sessions.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

aktres is offline Senior Member
    What Liz said.

If the board isn't working for you, find another one.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    This is an internet forum. By definition, people are more blunt, harsher, and critical here. It's no different than any other forum except that we don't have heavy-handed moderators lowering the banhammers for differences of opinion. It's a given on any unmoderated forum, and I prefer that to moderated groupthink, even when people diss me or disagree with me. I think of it as exercise for my mind; learning how to dissect other people's positions so I can either argue with them or understand them, or both.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Quote Originally Posted by aktres View Post

If the board isn't working for you, find another one.
    Thanks for the advice and support!

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    and just to be all completely nitpicky and shit, this forum ISN'T unmoderated. It's just lightly moderated.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denbro01 View Post
    Thanks for the advice and support!
    So why did you ignore my reasonably-worded, non-insulting reply, and zero in on the one that upsets you? It just makes no sense--nurture the responses you like, ignore the ones you don't. Otherwise, it sounds like you're actually enjoying the drama.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I will say, standard PB is amazing, but it is with advice from people on this forum as an adjunct that I was really able really make some life changing health changes.
    +1

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast