Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: A message to Mark page 11

canio6 Guest
    How about some type of forum reputation? They had it at another forum I was on many moons ago. Basically if you respected someone's post/opinion you could give them a reputation point and leave a comment. When you clicked on their reputation you could see the comments. You could also leave negative comments/reputation. It was limited to one per day per poster so one person could not boost/decline someone's reputation to 100/-100 in a day.

So it would say something like:

canio6
    reputation -23

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Do not understand this obsession with hierarchy and status on an internet forum. We have the join date, and the post count, and the content of the comments in the posts.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    Do not understand this obsession with hierarchy and status on an internet forum. We have the join date, and the post count, and the content of the comments in the posts.
    I think it is more to do with what noobs think. New person shows up and says, "How can I best lose weight?" and CaptainSpammer with his senior member title and 34000000 posts (all of which are in the 'why I think you all are dumb shits' posts) says, "By drinking your own urine and eating nothing but yellow, phallic fruit" and since Mr McNoob doesn't know CS is just a troll goes off and fails miserably.

Not smart, I admit, but some people look at the title/post count and think that someone knows what they are talking about.

Sassy is offline Senior Member
    I'd put in another vote for getting rid of the titles altogether, or changing them so have no status value. Something more like "Lurker Grok", "Grok" and "Chatty Grok". Or "coconut", "jerky", "bacon". I'm assuming that you can just turn them off, but if not, remove the meaning from them
    Sassy: Revised - my primal log

croí is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    How about some type of forum reputation? They had it at another forum I was on many moons ago. Basically if you respected someone's post/opinion you could give them a reputation point and leave a comment. When you clicked on their reputation you could see the comments. You could also leave negative comments/reputation. It was limited to one per day per poster so one person could not boost/decline someone's reputation to 100/-100 in a day.

So it would say something like:

canio6
    reputation -23
    I saw this on another formum as well. Kinda like the "Like" button, only it was karma (or something like this?). You could plus one for karma or bad karma type stuff.

FFG_Kev is offline Junior Member
    Guys,

I definitely don't want to reignite any conflict on this thread. BUT.... I have to say that after a week of non stop reading of the MDA journal, forum posts and lots of related PB literature... That I love this forum. I think its great that you are all so passionate about PB and are still trying to help, and as a noob I want to express how good this place is. Its hard to quantify how much I have gained from the forum (PB book arrives from Amazon UK tomorrow), how quickly I have adapted my diet to PB principals using mostly the forum posts, the 101 guide and Marks journal posts (basically just from using this website), and how much better I now feel after a week of 0 wheat/grain, increased animal fat and meat consumption.

Anyway I lied, please keep squabbling its hilarious, and over moderated and controlled forums become stale boring places. I can't stop reading this forum. Still a bit nervous about posting, but this is my second post here, so I'm still learning what to post where and a little hesitant about reactions.

Kev
    Kev.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Get out of here Kev! You are wrong, and there are numerous studies that state the opposite of what you are saying. Have you even read the book? I love how someone that has never had a weight problem feels like an expert on the issue. Puhhhhleeeeeeeease!

Just kidding of course! This is a good forum, even though it gets heated. I agree, it keeps things interesting.

FFG_Kev is offline Junior Member
    I got the book and am reading it now. I did originally think i could get most of the wisdom in the book from the website, but can now see the books worth.

I understand PB much better now, and am glad I bought it.

Thanks.

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Interesting post. I have been reading the forums for months, after reading the book, and joined only pretty recently. The book and Mark/Carrie's posts are enough information for me. I'm on the boards mainly for support, to track my progress and how I feel.

It is interesting to see people get so specific on PB. I like knowing which foods to eat abundantly, which to eat in moderation, and which to avoid altogether. It's amazing how many people here will recommend things that seem to be very far from the primal lifestyle (carb cycling). Grok didn't carb cycle. Grok just ate what was available to him, what tasted good and made him feel good. He wasn't a bodybuilder, he was a survivor and the top of the food chain.

Certain things work for certain people but the PB is a general way to live, not a specific plan, and I think sometimes the meaning gets lost in these forums where people have their own individual methods and applications of the primal lifestyle because they have been doing it for a long time and they figured out how to tweak the WOE so that they get the results they want. That is fine, but it's true that these boards are not a great place for a beginner - It's overwhelming and too specific. I'm personally trying to get a few months of adopting, and adapting to, primal habits before I look too closely at numbers and specific methods.

I do hope new people will take the time to read the book and familiarize themselves with what really makes this lifestyle what it is before they dive into the boards. Embracing the 10 tenets of PB should be the way to get results. Everything else is just tweaking, and not always necessary.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011