Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Intermittent Fasting - A Primer ( Part 3 ) page 4

primalstar is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    for those of us who follow the IF/leangains way of eating, these posts are really informative and personally very useful for using as an explaination tool when non IFers ask reasons why you follow this type of eating pattern. so thankyou pklopp for your amazing posts.
    am looking forward to the ebook/blog (if you manage to find the time) so please keep us up to speed with your progress on that.

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    I just broke a 24 hour fast with a "sarda" which is like a king mackerel or something, with olive oil, 2 sweet potatoes, raw cucumber, raw spinach, a couple of strawberries, and then a shake with goat milk (300ml) with a couple of more strawberries, plus chia seeds, cinnamon and a load of whey protein (65g).

I'm stuffed. I don't know how you guys seem to eat so little after a fast. Or I just have an eating disorder.

Anyway, I think it was "just" 2000 calories or so, in one go.

dboxing is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    I just broke a 24 hour fast with a "sarda" which is like a king mackerel or something, with olive oil, 2 sweet potatoes, raw cucumber, raw spinach, a couple of strawberries, and then a shake with goat milk (300ml) with a couple of more strawberries, plus chia seeds, cinnamon and a load of whey protein (65g).

I'm stuffed. I don't know how you guys seem to eat so little after a fast. Or I just have an eating disorder.

Why 2 sweet potatoes, why not 1? Why a milk shake? Why not water or tea? Why the whey protein? Why would you want to try to overeat?

inquisitiveone is offline Senior Member
    Adding my thanks for your generous sharing of information throughout this series.
    “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford

My primal journal

PrimalRFG is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dboxing View Post
    Why 2 sweet potatoes, why not 1? Why a milk shake? Why not water or tea? Why the whey protein? Why would you want to try to overeat?
    Because he was hungry and didn't want tea, Jenny Craig. My post-fasting meals are typically in the 1500-2000 kcal range.

gregjames is offline Member
    My first fast I did was 40 hours. It was easy - surprisingly easy. I'm doing a forty hour once a fortnight, and a 24 hour one on every alternate week. Is that ok?

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalRFG View Post
    Because he was hungry and didn't want tea, Jenny Craig. My post-fasting meals are typically in the 1500-2000 kcal range.
    Quote Originally Posted by dboxing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post

I think you need to be careful when breaking your fast to not eat with your eyes, but with your stomach. There is a tendency to try to "make up" for the skipped meals with the break fast meal, which is what I believe is what dboxing was getting at. I think this was brought about by JPA's comment that he was feeling stuffed? I've done this myself, having eaten to the point where my stomach was uncomfortably pushing against other organs! The one tip I can offer is to take a pause while eating to let your body's satiety signals kick in. I think on the order of 5 - 10 minutes. If, after a 10 min. pause you are still hungry, then by all means eat more.

-PK

ciavyn is offline Senior Member
    Still in my early stages of learning this eating method, I can say that I'm starting to discover that this excellent advice, re: eating for 5-10 minutes, then taking a break. That has become a welcome habit, and works quite nicely. I think the tendency at times is to shove food in our bodies,rather than take time to actually enjoy it. While I know some are against this, I eat while reading, and take my time with each bite. As it is, I'm reading the Primal Blueprint now. So then I sit back, read for a while, then return to eating whatever else I might desire. My biggest issue now is eating an entire bag of frozen veggies in one sitting...but damn, those little suckers are like candy.

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    Can you have coffee/water during IF?

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jens522 View Post
    Can you have coffee/water during IF?
    Of course.

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast