Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tracy Anderson's Method Anybody? page

Tracy Anderson's Method Anybody?

Primal Fuel
    Hi,

Has anybody tried the workouts by Tracy Anderson?
    Metamorphosis Tracy Anderson Method - Train the Method

Supposedly she is a trainer to J-Lo, Jennifer Aniston, and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Thanks,
    Astraia Maria
    Astraia Maria

Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    Gwyneth Paltrow has osteopenia, a precursor to osteoporosis from following Anderson's diet/exercise model.

If you want to be weak and malnourished, I'd say go for it. If you want to be lean, strong, and healthy, forget you ever heard her name.

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    No no, go for it! Just remember that you've got to hire someone to lift your shopping bags, because the wonderful Ms Anderson doesn't want women lifting anything over 3lb. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to lift weights with the wifey, which for her will be a touch over 3lb...

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    ok, seriously, she isn't generally well thought of in serious health circles. sure, you'll feel it the next day if you do her dvds, but only because it's rep after rep after rep of arm circles and leg lifts. she advises against lifting more than 3 lb weights, she was an advocate of the 'baby food' diet which was pureed peas and other veggies. she's basically low fat, low calorie chronic cardio in a 30$ dvd package

Haha - funny. Notice I asked if anybody had done the "workouts" by her. I have no intention of following her dietary recommendations. Plus I should have been more specific. I would still plan on doing some weight lifting or body weight exercises as in the Primal Blueprint Fitness e-book, but was wondering if there is any truth to her claims that it makes you leaner without creating bulk. If I were to get them I would want to do the work out once or twice a week, in addition to weight lifting. Another reason, due to an accident I am having THE hardest time getting back into working out and weight lifting is hard right now. I am wondering if this could be a step towards getting back to full weight lifting. Sorry - I should have clarified right away but thank you for the funny responses.
    Astraia Maria

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    I am actually doing Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis for Hips at the moment. I do not follow her dietary recommendations and mix in other cardio. If you just follow the workouts and tune out the silly things she says, it is fine. The workouts are actually pretty tough (for endurance). They are definitely not strength building but muscle endurance. I am sure no one believes or wants to hear but the combination of Primal/Paleo eating and these workouts is kicking my weight and fat loss up. I was stuck for quite some time. The nice thing is, the muscle work is only 30 minutes - easy to fit in throughout the day.

I would NOT suggest reading her book or listening to any interviews with her. The things she says make absolutely no sense...but the workouts are good!

Carrie

p.s. Gwyneth does have osteopenia. She did not get from following Tracy's diet and exercise recommendations. Actually, she has fully said she does not follow Tracy's diet recommendations. She will do a "cleanse" before a movie premier or event (as most stars do!!). Unfortunately, she has all the genetic attributes that make her susceptible to something like osteoporosis.

Quote Originally Posted by carres1973 View Post
    I am actually doing Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis for Hips at the moment. I do not follow her dietary recommendations and mix in other cardio. If you just follow the workouts and tune out the silly things she says, it is fine. The workouts are actually pretty tough (for endurance). They are definitely not strength building but muscle endurance. I am sure no one believes or wants to hear but the combination of Primal/Paleo eating and these workouts is kicking my weight and fat loss up. I was stuck for quite some time. The nice thing is, the muscle work is only 30 minutes - easy to fit in throughout the day.

I would NOT suggest reading her book or listening to any interviews with her. The things she says make absolutely no sense...but the workouts are good!

Carrie

p.s. Gwyneth does have osteopenia. She did not get from following Tracy's diet and exercise recommendations. Actually, she has fully said she does not follow Tracy's diet recommendations. She will do a "cleanse" before a movie premier or event (as most stars do!!). Unfortunately, she has all the genetic attributes that make her susceptible to something like osteoporosis.
    Thank you for the feedback Carrie. I was looking at the hipcentric work out DVDs. I am not a big person but when I do gain I tend to gain in my hips and thighs first and right now I am kinda soft versus lean and firm. Not liking it. I still have pain at times which makes lifting tough. So would you say it's worth the money even if you only do the muscle work? I am not sure I can see myself doing the cardio since I stopped the long drawn out cardios and switched to HIIT about 6 years ago.
    Astraia Maria

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    I definitely think it is worth it for the muscle work. There is only one cardio DVD. While it is fun, it is pretty high impact (a lot of hopping around). Where is your pain? The issue some have with the muscle work is that it is all done on all fours. Very similar to the old-school of leg lifts, donkey kicks, etc.

Carrie

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Gwyneth Paltrow has osteopenia, a precursor to osteoporosis from following Anderson's diet/exercise model.
    More likely due to Vitamin D deficiency.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dragonfly - probably true. Is Gwyneth a vegan?

Carrie - I get pain or stiffness in my neck and shoulders so push-ups, shoulder press, pull-ups can be tough. Being on all 4s and working legs seems ok. I first read about TA in a magazine. They show a few of her leg moves and they are kicking my butt - definitely out of shape here. The first two called for 40 resp per leg and I did 20 each. The next one was 20 reps per leg and I was able to do 10. So maybe the DVDs would really be a good start for me since I am so out of shape and still healing. I could work on my legs at least while letting my upper body heal a bit more.
    Astraia Maria

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast