Thread: I think I just made primal shortbread page

randallfloyd is offline Senior Member

I think I just made primal shortbread

Shop Now
    Using the food processor I ground up some Brazil nuts, poured some coconut butter over them (liquid coconut butter - leave the jar to sit in a bowl of boiling water for 10 minutes) and continued to blend. Also added 1 T honey and 1 T vanilla. When it gets a dough-like texture, spread it out into a container and refrigerate. It's bizarre how similar this is to shortbread.. the taste and texture.

Then I poured some melted 85% over the top, with chopped Medjool dates mixed in, and let cool. It's delicious!

belinda is offline Senior Member
    ho ho.... competition for Dr. Bork Bork. You two are going to be the downfall of all the primals who come here trying to lose weight

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    ho ho.... competition for Dr. Bork Bork. You two are going to be the downfall of all the primals who come here trying to lose weight
    LOL!!

That shortbread sounds amazing!! Do you think it would work with almond flour? Of all the cookies in the world, shortbreads are my absolute fave!! It's my British heritage coming out, I guess. Is the Peaks District near the Cumberland Lakes District? That's where my father was born.

randallfloyd is offline Senior Member
    hehe, bring it on, Bork!

Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    LOL!!

That shortbread sounds amazing!! Do you think it would work with almond flour? Of all the cookies in the world, shortbreads are my absolute fave!! It's my British heritage coming out, I guess. Is the Peaks District near the Cumberland Lakes District? That's where my father was born.
    I should think the almond flour would work. I only used Brazil nuts because I'm clearing out my freezer and that's what I had. I'll be trying it with whole almonds next.

I think the reason it works though is the coconut butter. When it's added to the nuts you continue to process for a while and it gets a doughy texture. This is what you want. It wouldn't need honey either because the coconut butter is very sweet on it's own.

The Lake District's about 150 miles from here. I've been there a couple of times on holiday, very good place to visit if you're in Britain. Peak District's very nice too!