Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Feeling stuffed - not just about volume any more page

  1. #1
    ElaineC's Avatar
    ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    843

    Feeling stuffed - not just about volume any more

    Primal Fuel
    Before I switched to PB, I could pack a fair bit of food away. I could eat until my stomach felt tight and I had to unbutton my jeans, and still be peckish. I still can, don't get me wrong, but I pretty much never get that physical feeling of tight stomach fullness anymore. I just stop eating, because I'm not hungry, and everything feels good.

    This is very cool.

    Tonight, I had 5 pieces of bacon from the pig I had done for me. Ok, they are about 2 inches wide uncooked, but still, its not a huge amount. After that, I ate an apple. And I feel stuffed. STUFFED.

    If I look at the overall volume of food I just ate, its very little. It packs a ton of caloric punch, and has high satiety. I am far from hungry, but whats so interesting is my stomach feels full. Really full. Just had turkey dinner full.

    I really am a life time convert to PB, through and through.

  2. #2
    Stabby's Avatar
    Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stabsville
    Posts
    2,462
    Congratulations! Your satiety signaling works properly. Primal is indeed swell

    Do be sure to meet your nutritional needs, though. It's important to get enough nutrition to run our bodies properly
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

    Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

  3. #3
    JKC's Avatar
    JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineC View Post
    Before I switched to PB, I could pack a fair bit of food away. I could eat until my stomach felt tight and I had to unbutton my jeans, and still be peckish. I still can, don't get me wrong, but I pretty much never get that physical feeling of tight stomach fullness anymore. I just stop eating, because I'm not hungry, and everything feels good.

    This is very cool.

    Tonight, I had 5 pieces of bacon from the pig I had done for me. Ok, they are about 2 inches wide uncooked, but still, its not a huge amount. After that, I ate an apple. And I feel stuffed. STUFFED.

    If I look at the overall volume of food I just ate, its very little. It packs a ton of caloric punch, and has high satiety. I am far from hungry, but whats so interesting is my stomach feels full. Really full. Just had turkey dinner full.

    I really am a life time convert to PB, through and through.
    I totally agree!
    Karin

    A joyful heart is good medicine

    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

    Mmmmm. Real food is good.

    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

  4. #4
    J. Stanton's Avatar
    J. Stanton is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    192
    I binged on pizza a while ago, and it's exactly as you say: no matter how much I ate, I didn't feel satisfied.

    Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs.

  5. #5
    healthy11's Avatar
    healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,161
    This is such a great thing about eating primally. The fat content of the way we eat sends the correct signals to our brains that we are full and satisfied without being so stuffed and bloated we can hardly move around.

  6. #6
    ElaineC's Avatar
    ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    Congratulations! Your satiety signaling works properly.
    So is this a sign of my body starting to function the way it should again? Well, duh, I know this, but I guess what I'm asking is which messed up aspect is becoming less messed up. Leptin, insulin? I know from what I've read, my leptin responses are way out of whack, and as part of that so are my insulin, but I'm still wrapping my head around it all.

    And yes, I'm still full, hours later. I will admit I'm plotting a BIG salad for tomorrow though, mmmm. I will admit I've always loved a huge plate of leafy greens with "interesting bits" tossed in - tomatoes, feta cheese, cashews, sliced red onion etc.

  7. #7
    ElaineC's Avatar
    ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Stanton View Post
    Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs.
    QFT

    Its amazing how we can stray so far from something so simple.

  8. #8
    Stabby's Avatar
    Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stabsville
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineC View Post
    So is this a sign of my body starting to function the way it should again? Well, duh, I know this, but I guess what I'm asking is which messed up aspect is becoming less messed up. Leptin, insulin? I know from what I've read, my leptin responses are way out of whack, and as part of that so are my insulin, but I'm still wrapping my head around it all.

    And yes, I'm still full, hours later. I will admit I'm plotting a BIG salad for tomorrow though, mmmm. I will admit I've always loved a huge plate of leafy greens with "interesting bits" tossed in - tomatoes, feta cheese, cashews, sliced red onion etc.
    Yep. You got it.

    And that sounds like an awesome salad. I'm going to try something like that.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

    Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

  9. #9
    ElaineC's Avatar
    ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    843
    Take some cashews, toss them in a baggie. Grind some fresh cracked pepper into the baggie. Shake shake shake.

    Lots of greens. Toss in peppered cashews, feta cheese, some thin sliced red onion, some cherry tomatoes cut however you like. Dried cranberries if you have them, throw in a bunch. Dried apricots work nicely too. Toss toss toss. Dress with raspberry vinaigrette. Add some chicken on the top if you're so inclined.

    Guaranteed to be enjoyed even by salad haters

  10. #10
    Horsewoman's Avatar
    Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    1,510
    I'm not there yet, but thanks for posting, it's so encouraging to read of others' progress like this. I'm a lifelong convert too just from the initial changes, and I'm looking forward to seeing my messed up metabolism heal further .
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

    Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

    Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

    "Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •