Thread: mango/coconut thingy page

jammies is offline Senior Member

mango/coconut thingy

Shop Now
    Okay - I realize this is not really a recipe, but it was sooooo delicious I just had to share.

I was waiting for some coconut milk to thaw for a smoothie, but got impatient and just broke some partially thawed chunks off and put them in the blender with half of a really ripe mango. I pureed it.

Simple, but it was the most amazing smooth velvety texture - a cross between frozen mango gelato and a silky pudding.

I couldn't believe how perfect it was. If you get the chance I recommend it!!

cookie is offline Senior Member
    sounds like you discovered the mango lassi!
    Mango Coconut Smoothie Recipe - Mango Coconut Milk Drink - Indian Food Recipes - Andhra Cuisine - Sailu's Kitchen
    such a great flavor combo, mangoes and coconut milk.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    sounds like you discovered the mango lassi!
    Mango Coconut Smoothie Recipe - Mango Coconut Milk Drink - Indian Food Recipes - Andhra Cuisine - Sailu's Kitchen
    such a great flavor combo, mangoes and coconut milk.
    You're right! Except instead of adding ice I used frozen coconut milk, so it wasn't quite drinkable. I ate it with a spoon. The flavor would be the same though....so good!

I'm not starting a new thread for this because it is kinda lame, but I just had to talk about the dessert I had tonight.

Same partially frozen coconut milk with sliced bananas a little shaved dark chocolate and cinnamon. The chocolate was not necessary - I left it out on the second bowl It tasted like the most amazing banana split I have ever had. It was probably about 700 calories....so not an every day thing....but absolutely frickin' delicious for dessert!