Thread: Does anyone else here have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis? page

Elegant_Phoenix is offline Junior Member

Does anyone else here have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis?

Primal Fuel
    I was diagnosed 6 weeks ago. I am now gluten, egg, soy, dairy, grain and lectin free.

I was wondering if you have had success in tempering the antibodies and if you have seen a reversal in your symptoms since going Primal.

Have your energy levels improved?

Thanks!

marcadav is offline Senior Member

Elegant_Phoenix is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Thank you!! I'm actually working with a practitioner who lectures and works with Dr. Kharrazian. I live just up the street from where he practices. I'm working on introducing the supplements he recommends, however, I have to do it very slowly as I'm super reactive and have both a leaky gut and a leaky brain. I'm TH-1 dominant.
    Last edited by Elegant_Phoenix; 04-24-2011 at 02:44 PM.

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegant_Phoenix View Post
    Thank you!! I'm actually working with a practitioner who lectures and works with Dr. Kharrazian. I live just up the street from where he practices. I'm working on introducing the supplements he recommends, however, I have to do it very slowly as I'm super reactive and have both a leaky gut and a leaky brain. I'm TH-1 dominant.
    That's so great that you're working with a Dr. K practitioner I went Primal before I knew I had Hashimoto's and I did feel a little better being gluten/grain-free and lower carb but it wasn't until I began working on the TH1 dominance (and then the dopamine deficiency) that I really noticed big changes. I feel really quite good now! Yay!!

I think doing the Whole 30 plan (a one month strict paleo diet) + using Seacure whitefish peptides, Symbiotics colostrum and more bone broths to heal my gut was very helpful. Here's the Whole 30 outline: The Whole30, Version 3.11 | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

Also, Robb Wolf's Paleo solution is a great book for people with autoimmune issues!