Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tendonitis in both wrists and both ankles page

Tritter Guest

Ahh... Yeah. Description pretty much sums it up. I've had it for six months or so. It is more annoying and restrictive than painful, and I can't move like I used to. It's driving me crazy. All input is appreciated. I just want my life back to normal.

Can you give us some more info? Your age, diet, exercise routines (what they were, are now, etc), weight, height, etc etc etc

Tritter Guest

Sure. I'm in my teens, I do a good deal of walking and hiking, some lifting heavy objects and carrying them in awkward positions. I'm about 110 lb and a little over 5 feet. I eat mostly meat, not as many veggies as I'd like, and I know I'm zinc deficient.

Tritter Guest

BTW, I'm not dieting. I just like eating primal. Eating carbs was just too hard on my body, and I could feel it. I'm not overweight in any way.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member

Maybe you need to back off on the exercise.

Have you seen a doctor or other health professional?

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Ouch! I would definitely get yourself to a doctor. Leave it too long and it can only get worse...

Sounds like you need to make sure you are getting the correct amount of vitamins and minerals, and stop carrying heavy things in awkward positions, that's silly. Lifting heavy things are good, lifting heavy things while doing a handstand and singing the national anthem, not so good.

Tritter Guest

Thanks for your help, everyone. I'll go to a doctor. I'll keep you posted.

gazb is offline Junior Member

Ever heard of John Sarno's work? He figured out that a lot of cases of chronic pain are a mind-body issue, basically physical manifestations of mental tension, as opposed to the CW that they're purely physical. Mostly applies to back pain, but also to RSI and similar pains. I had what I thought was RSI in my wrists for over a year (couldn't figure out what kind of RSI, seemed like a combination of tendonitis and nerve entrapment). I sorted my posture, did physio, took lots of breaks, tried wrist splints, and all the rest and it didn't get any better. Then I read Sarno's book The Mindbody Prescription and applied his methods (which basically come down to making yourself aware of the real cause of the pain) and I was better within weeks. It sounds like dodgy alternative medicine crap, but it's scientifically proven insofar as it was shown to be far more effective than physiotherapy in samples of patients, and it's based on proper biology (pain being caused by reduced blood flow, etc.). The idea of the mind causing chronic pain isn't really any stranger than that of it causing "butterflies in the stomach" when you feel nervous....

I just thought of that because it seems very strange that you'd have the symptoms in both wrists and both ankles, you don't mention any obvious cause, and you're young and probably not too unhealthy. You say it's tendonitis; was this medically confirmed, or do you just say that because it feels like tendonitis? If the former then feel free to ignore me . Are you the sort of person who stresses out or is under pressure a lot, or a very driven and motivated person? That tends to cause it as that personality type creates a lot of underlying, often ignored tension.

Of course you have to rule out any genuine physical cause first, so I still recommend the doctor visit and all the health advice given. But Sarno's stuff really is worth a look. I'm a computer programmer and a keen guitarist, so I need healthy wrists, and I pretty much thought I was completely screwed until I read the book!

Tritter Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

The tendonitis in one of my ankles was medically confirmed, but not the other ankle or my wrists. All in my head? Yes, I know what you are talking about. I am under stress, but that's caused by the injury itself. Catch 22, eh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast