Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm DONE! page

Esoteric Fish is offline Member

I'm DONE!

For the last six years, I've become more and more obsessive of diet. I spend hours on internet reading various blogs, and I drive myself crazy thinking about minutiae... I walk down the street wondering whether I should have 50 grams of carbs or 100? I don't enjoy this, and I can't stick to it. My weight yo-yos up and down, as I eat clean for a few weeks and then fall off the wagon - hard.

Well, I'm done. I feel I had a mental breakthrough. Grains, vegetable oils, sugar - these are unhealthy. I'll just do my best to avoid them. As for the rest of it, f@ck it. I'm just going to eat what I like. And I like potatoes. (I'm Irish.) I'm just going to lift weights, run around, be active, and eat good foods. If that turns out to be high carb, so be it. And I'm not going to spend so much time on these websites. I mean, I'm pretty healthy; there's no reason for me to devote so much time and thought to all this.

Anyway, I feel great; like a weight has been lifted. I just wanted to share. I'll check back in and let you know how this freedom turns out.

SpunkyB. is offline Junior Member
    Amen. Im totally there with you man. I used to be into bodybuilding and it turned me into a maniac and totally gave me disordered thinking with food. Since I decided to go primal, Ive finally felt normal.. then I had the thought.. " you know.. you will get better results if you calculate your calories" and so I started doing that again.. then I started obsessing about macros again.. and like you I crashed hard. So Ive picked myself up.. dusted myself off and Im going at it again.. only this time.. Im not going to worry about calories and macros.. Im just going to eat like I have some sense. Life is far to short to be obsessed with food. It is a very tough habit to kick though. Anyway.. no real point.. just wanted to say.. you are not alone!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations. That is what the nutritionally enlightened do.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    Great. It sounds like you have a healthy plan

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Then that is for the best. Some people really really really really really shouldn't become obsessive about these things, it only makes them miserable.

I resolved the "how many carbs" question and can say that I have certainty. 15%-25% most days with strategic intermittent fasting. I am a good candidate to be obsessive because I can handle it. You.....do not appear to be
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Another former freak with the chains unloosed as well. Hooray for f*cking it.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

.V. Guest
    OP.... well, it appears you get it now. Primal eating really doesn't require a great deal of thought. Just eat the healthy things, avoid the really bad stuff, make sure you are getting plenty of meats and green veggies with those potatoes... lift your weights, run some sprints a couple of times a week... and you are good to go.

Congrats on your realization. I had to realize this years ago when I was eating primal long before I ever heard of primal, paleo, or any other catchy names... and it worked well for me. Sometimes I find myself slipping and counting up macros...but then I remind myself that it makes me very obsessive.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Another former freak with the chains unloosed as well. Hooray for f*cking it.
    hahaha.. I know for me.. the sickness is because I have seen the results of what a meticulous, "perfectly calculated" diet and exercise regime can have on my body.. and it very addictive. I am intelligent though and I recognize that the amount of time I spent/spend dwelling on food.. its not normal. Of course the bodybuilding community will help feed your sickness by telling you.. " no its not normal or average but we arent average people, we are above average" so I want to see if I can achieve the same results and levels of leaness as I did then without obsessing now.

** No thread hi-jack intended **

strom is offline Senior Member
    you look fine right now spunkb. not sure what your obsessing about.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    see.. thats the "nastiness" of bodybuilding. Right now.. I am pretty average.. but in my mind I am "fat" because im 20lbs heavier than my leanest.. so what is normal bodyfat % for people is "fat" by my personal standards... my ideal would be to maintain 17-20% bodyfat instead of the 25ish % I am carrying right now. Its a complete mind fuk :/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast