Thread: Almond Cookie ingredient question page

I'm planning on making these tonight, so I have a much more sensible indulgence for dessert.

In the recipe it calls for Maple flakes. We have a small Natural Foods here so I picked up some organic maple syrup. How much of it do you think I should use to equal the 1/2 cup for maple flakes in the recipe?

I don't want it to be super sweet like regular desserts are

AndreaC is offline Member

Depends on how much liquid is in the recipe already, cause syrup will make them more moist. Post the whole recipe and I'll give you a guesstimate based on what I've tried.

Sure thing. From http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-many-uses-of-almond-meal/

I was wrong about how much maple flakes to use It's a cup.

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup almond meal

1 cup maple flakes

1/4 cup butter, room temperature

1 large egg

1 tsp vanilla

1/4 tsp baking soda

AndreaC is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

hmm that's a tricky one. You defnitely don't need a whole cup of maple syrup, but even 3/4 will probably make the cookies turn out wet, or just fall apart.

One solution, replace the regular egg with powdered egg, that helps the liquid balance.

Another option is to add more almond meal to make up for it. I'd go based on feel, if it's too thin to be dough, add meal.

Dry sweetener recipes are tricky, because the butter and the "sugar" together create an important texture that you just don't get otherwise.