Thread: Eh? page

tanyayogi is offline Senior Member
    Buenos Aires until I start at NYU in the fall!

Eh?

Yesterday I ate 4 squares of dark chocolate at like 5pm and then I wasn't hungry the rest of the day (I'd had 2 scrambled eggs + 1 almond pancake for breakfast, 1 sweet potato + salad for lunch).

When I came home at midnight after a play, I felt awful, shaky, and weak and I couldn't breathe properly. I had tea with a lot of honey to bring my blood sugar levels back up...
    Has this happened to you on accidental IFs before? Is it just from undereating or?

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tanyayogi View Post
    Yesterday I ate 4 squares of dark chocolate at like 5pm and then I wasn't hungry the rest of the day (I'd had 2 scrambled eggs + 1 almond pancake for breakfast, 1 sweet potato + salad for lunch).

When I came home at midnight after a play, I felt awful, shaky, and weak and I couldn't breathe properly. I had tea with a lot of honey to bring my blood sugar levels back up...
    Has this happened to you on accidental IFs before? Is it just from undereating or?
    Sounds like a blood sugar crash to me. Could be your body isn't ready for IF yet. Maybe focus on regular primal meals for a while longer. When your body is able to handle IF, you'll get gradually hungry in a different way and won't need to worry about those kind of scary crashes.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    tanya, you're making an awful lot of threads...

For someone with an ED background, don't start IF'ing until you are very, very solid in PB. Honestly, you don't really seem stable at all, so I'd stay away from it.

I don't IF, cos I know it can quickly mess me up. And when you want to bring your blood sugar up, don't rush to SUGAR as they make it spike and go down almost just as fast. Go for a solid PB meal instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    tanya, you're making an awful lot of threads...

For someone with an ED background, don't start IF'ing until you are very, very solid in PB. Honestly, you don't really seem stable at all, so I'd stay away from it.

I don't IF, cos I know it can quickly mess me up. And when you want to bring your blood sugar up, don't rush to SUGAR as they make it spike and go down almost just as fast. Go for a solid PB meal instead.
    It was accidental, I don't plan on IFing any day, ever unless I'm just simply not hungry, I won't eat. I just hate eating at night so I had the honey thinking it'd just relieve me enough to go to bed feeling OK.
    And yes, I am posting a lot. I'm new, just wanna get a hang of things. And thanks, but I am actually very stable and doing great.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    You aren't keto-adapted yet, so your body still has trouble switching from glucose to fat-burning. IF is much easier when you eat under 50 g of carbs for awhile (a few months) and get used to being in ketosis.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I think that is caused by entering a fast with too much carb/sugar in your system. I can only fast easily if I am eating good proteins and fats - too high carb and I get exactly what you did.
    Last edited by jammies; 04-24-2011 at 11:31 AM.

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    When you do have a sugar crash have a PROTEIN and fat snack. Wait 30 minutes, if you are still shaky then have veggies. bell pepper, tomato or carrot are good slow sugar. But not FIRST
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I think that is caused by entering a fast with too much carb/sugar in your system. I can only fast easily if I am eating good proteins and fats - too high carb and I get exactly what you did.
    That makes sense! Thanks