Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Primal Journal (G3tL@uren) page

g3tL@uren is offline Member

Another Primal Journal (G3tL@uren)

Primal Fuel
    Decided to make a journal for various reasons. My main goals right now are to lose body fat,recover and get my period back, and have a more consistent eating plan

So about me... I'm only 15, I suffer(ed) from an array of EDs, anorexia,bulimia,orthorexia etc. I'm doing this journal to keep myself in check in my nutrition, and hold myself accountable for my ED (i'm recovering). To anyone reading this, i appreciate advice. I'm kind of new to the world of actually eating healthy foods; i used to stuff my face with Fiber One bars and such to lose weight, and it didn't work. And reading all about PB ive realized why. Now, i've decided to change my negative view of food, my obsession with food, and to get lean. So far, i've been eating primal since beginning of April and i haven't seen any weight come off which is kind of depressing, just trying to cut out fruits,nuts,dairy etc. but not completely.

I'm 5'2 and , weigh around 111-113, depending on the day. I have an incredibly small frame and am not to curvy, they probably affect my low weight. But do not be fooled, my BF is higher than need be (not exactly sure how much) and i am a complete noodle, no muscle whatsoever. I also get all my fat in my mid-section, which i read is unhealthy . I also suffer from acne which has cleared up quite a bit since i started eating more primal.

I want to ratio to 60-30-10 fat-protein-carb but i know thats going to be hard to achieve, both willpower wise and the fact that i can only eat what my parents supply me with. Luckily, they are very supportive of my endeavors to eat better and do buy me some special food

And i think i'm going to start my Journal tomorrow ( Sunday April 24th 2011, EASTER). So to everyone reading, please please please give me advice on how to be healthy and primal(: thanks so much!

I have two goals:

1. Lower BF %

2. Go from 32.5inches to 28inches
    (I measure right below my belly button because that's where all my fat is;])

Structure:

1: Meal Number 1

2: Meal Number 2

Workout: (workout..duh)

ED: (how i did today with my recovery)
    Last edited by g3tL@uren; 05-08-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Happy Easter! Today could be bad, giant easter dinner coming up +CANDY

B: 5 turkey sausages, and a spoonful of cream cheese frosting, haha and some berries

L: Egg Salad, a protein shake

S: 1 square of dark chocolate, a few 'Robins eggs' malt balls, 3 reeses peanut butter cups(minis).

D: Is going to be some filet steak, and hopefully a few veggies

Workout: ran 1 Miles, Did some lunges, sprints and stretches

ED: Yay no purging, or binging. But food was,as always, on my mind, How much?How Many? Calories… Blehhh

Xtra: TOday is full of candy and carbs, oh dear, i ate a TON of candy but hopefully no more, its only 3pm. I think im going to IF from dinner tonight until 12pm tomorrow...
    "When the climb gets tough, imagine the view from the top"

My Primal Journal

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Hi. Welcome. Holidays are hard. Just get back on the wagon and don't beat yourself up. It's great you are getting started on primal early.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Oops, forgot about this. Well i think now is a good time to get back on track..Starting a 30day challenge tomorrow Wish me luck!! I've decided to cut out dairy, nuts(except one spoonful of my homemade almond/macadamia nut butter 3x a week), and chocolate. I also want to go on a walk everyday and do low intensity cardio at least 3x a week at the gym. Sprints on Sundays, and weightlifting on Wednesdays. Plus a weekly IF from Sunday at 4pm to Monday at 4pm. I can do this, and hopefully this journal keeps me on track

B: A kale salad w/ dried cranberries,pepitas,crystallized ginger slivered almonds,doused in some really tasty orange vinagerette and two egg whites(hardboiled)

L:didn't eat

D: Pork tenderloin covered in a Steak seasoning w/asparagus,onions,carrots,

S: (Around 8pmish) Beef jerky,guacamole,dark chocolate,raspberries,salsa,some milk chocolate, a lemon bar(the top part thats only lemon stuff)-yikes- and tea…dangg that was a ton, but i only had bites of most of the stuff except the jerky and guac

W: 30min low intensity elliptical, walked for 10min, walked around volunteering with horses for an hour or two

ED: No purging, sort of mini-binge around nighttime. As always, all i thought about all day was when i got to eat,what i was going to eat and how much

Xtra:Kind of a good day, i think i might just start skipping lunch because im not usually hungry and i need to lose weight.. And my sister is on a crash diet(i told her it was a bad idea) and it makes me feel like i should not eat because she watches me everytime i put something in my mouth
    Last edited by g3tL@uren; 04-30-2011 at 07:23 PM.

My Primal Journal

Ahhh horrible day, been in a bad mood etc, probably why i overate. My sister has been triggering my ED from her diet, she watches me and trys to feed me to make herself feel better and i feel like i cant eat because she isn't. At least it's the last day of the week.. But i totally failed my first day of the challenge, i suck. I'll do better tomorrow i promise. i have lots of stuff to get done thought today so i should probably get started.

B: n/a

L: (oh god..) 3 egg whites, ton of pork tenderloin seasoned w/ butter,thyme & grilled steak seasoning, 3 slices bacon, ⅓ avacado, 1strip pork jerky, 2tbs cream cheese w/ vanilla extract & cinnamon(actually good..) , 1 spoonful almond/macadamia nut butter, 2 chocolate chips, probably 1,000+ calories lol.

D: Undetermined so far

Workout: i'm really exhausted today but i will go on a walk (2miles ish) tonight after i finish my hw

ED: BADBADBADBAD no binging etc. but i feel like the anorexia is coming back as much as i'm trying to fight it. My sister is definitely triggering it and i've asked her to stop but that just makes me a 'bitch'?
    Last edited by g3tL@uren; 05-01-2011 at 12:25 PM.

My Primal Journal

Felt awesome today despite my less than 5 hours of sleep(thunderstorms). Don't need to eat breakfast so i think ill start IFing thru breakfast and lunch if i can manage..

B: Korean ribeye (4 strips), pulled pork tenderloin w/ butter & salt, 1/6 avocado

L: Wedge of Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss

D: 6ish oz of chicken breast, pulled pork tenderloin w/butter, spinach sauteed in butter, broccoli w/butter,korean ribeye(1 strip),

S: (8pm) Chicken salad w/ romaine lettuce, carrots and ranch, a few green beans, chicken breast & pork jerky

W: to busy w/ homework so i was basically a lazy ass that ate a ton :/

ED: wanted to throw up, but i controlled myself..

My Primal Journal

Tara is offline Senior Member
    Hi! You are so lucky that you found out about this so early! I wish I had been so wise when I was 15 Good for you for taking control of your health!

Do your parents know that your sister is acting like this? It doesn't sound very loving! Maybe you could all have a sit down heart-to-heart and talk about it, if her behavior is triggering your ED it's probably something that should be taken really seriously.

I hope you get it all figured out soon! If you are new to primal, I'd suggest waiting until you totally have the lifestyle dialed in before you start to IF!

Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    Hi! You are so lucky that you found out about this so early! I wish I had been so wise when I was 15 Good for you for taking control of your health!

Do your parents know that your sister is acting like this? It doesn't sound very loving! Maybe you could all have a sit down heart-to-heart and talk about it, if her behavior is triggering your ED it's probably something that should be taken really seriously.

I hope you get it all figured out soon! If you are new to primal, I'd suggest waiting until you totally have the lifestyle dialed in before you start to IF!

Haha i know i really care alot about my body. And yes actually, my mom is encouraging my sister's behavior as her prom is in two weeks and she doesn't fit in her dress, I have talked to her but she doesn't understand nor does my sister know that i have a bad ED.

And thanks for your opinion on IFing, i haven't really commited yet and i guess i should get it all figured out first!(:

My Primal Journal

Today was busybusybusy. Really exhausted, i should probably eat breakfast i think thats why i was so freaking tired… Also started my 100push up challenge, only could do 6 hehehe..

B: n/a (wasn't hungry, didn't have time)

L: Spinach,romaine,baby red salad w/ cut up turkey breast,chicken breast,bacon and 1 hardboiled egg

D: 2 pork chops, broccoli w/butter, salad w/ranch dressing, 1 stalk of celery w/ranch, small small portion of pork tenderloin w/butter, 1 slice low-sod bacon, and 8 'drops'( little quarter-sized discs) of 64% dark chocolate. Hehe kinda alot but i was soo hungry & i loveee pork chops

S: None!!! yay

W: ran 1 mile, light abs

ED: good, didn't binge(wanted to) and made an effort to not think about food, it kinda worked.

I'm overall pleased with how much i ate, i was worried about my calories and getting enough but the ranch was full fat and i ate kinda a lot and i had a ton of pork chops so i think i'm fine, or maybe i even ate to much?? Whatever, i want my period back, it's been 4-5months

Tomorrow i'm definitely eating all three meals as i have a HARD day of cheerleading. Off to go write an essay with a completely un-understandable prompt!
    Last edited by g3tL@uren; 05-03-2011 at 06:19 PM.

My Primal Journal

Ahh wonderful day, full of energy and nothing went wrong Breakfast really is necessary for me right now, i think i'll try and ween myself off of it this summer once school is out (no stress). Still need to do my push-ups and stretch before bed but i have like 3 hours…since i just ate hahaha

B: 1 whole egg(cage free), pork chop, spinach sauteed in butter

L: 1 egg and 1 egg-white hardboiled mixed with 2slice bacon & canned chicken breast, YUM

D: Crispy Beef (Basically 'carmelized' (can't think of how else to describe it) beef, sweet and delishious), with salad with unkown dressing from a Sushi restaurant YUM

S: (9:40pm) small bit of pork tenderloin with butter and seasoning, 1 drop of dark chocolate

W: Cheerleading woohoo

ED: Perfect, just thought about food as usual

Ahh tomorrow i have cheer tryouts, debating on if i should eat some carbs,like a sweet potato, to give me energy? Well Off to get stuff done, NIGHT!

My Primal Journal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast