Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bidets?

Bidets?

Shop Now
    Hello, I know mercola is a big fan of bluebidet.com's products. He says theyv are more sanitary than paper. I was curious if anyone has a bidet or if they ate advantageous? The blue bidets seem to be self install. Am thinking to get one.

Combine a bidet with a Nature's Platform and that's probably the ideal.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Lived in Japan for 2 years. Their toilets come with combo seat+bidet with 12 button control pads on the side for start, stop, locations, pressure, temp, yada yada, some models for women spray perfume and have fake "flush" buttons to make a flush sound to hide the sound of farts (don't ask me to explain).

Leave it to the japanese to techno-fy toilet seats.

But needless to say, it created vastly cleaner experiences - toilet paper was only needed for drying up water on the bum, there was usually little left to actually clean.

I intend to order one in the coming year...

I have installed bidets in my last 2 dwellings and would not have a house without one.

I want to install them in my house. I think its much cleaner.

Travelling in Malaysia, the loos over there have a hosepipe/showerhead type fitting instead of paper. Which is fine and all, but then you end up walking out with a wet backside. Can't help thinking all you've done is...redistribute and dilute the problem :O guess it really depends on your amount/consistency/frequency though.

We have one, it's great for soaking stained clothes or putting things the little kids have soiled in until I want to wash them lol
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

I guess the products I was curious about are the ones that retro fit standard western toilets. The blue bidets have pretty good reviews on Amazon for example.

Dry paper is not the best thing for a couple of reasons, but you don't have to have a bidet, just use wet baby wipes. I used to travel a lot and got into the habit of keeping a half-dozen wet wipes in a ziplock bag in my pocket all the time. These come in handy in lack of paper or nasty seat emergencies, plus you are cleaner.

Shop Now
    you should not flush most moist towelettes, btw.

hey grumpy, instead of having a large wooden contraption over your toilet, why not install something like this squatting pan?