Thread: Seaweed page

Daughter of Grok Guest

Primal Fuel

Lately I've been researching natural solutions to my underactive thyroid and in the process have run across some pretty enlightening stuff. The most fascinating thing I have found so far are the many health benefits of seaweed. Any of you here eat seaweed regularly. Here is an article I thought was really interesting on it:

http://www.oceanvegetables.com/

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member

I like the wakame salads at Japanese restaurants, but wonder about the processing and additives the seaweed goes through. I tried to research online for info about this, but did not find anything conclusive. If anyone out there knows what the other ingredients might be (vinegar, sugar, other craps), I'd appreciate it.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

That's one thing I've always wanted to try cooking with, but have always been too intimidated by it to really try it. I keep saying "Someday."

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Ladies,

Here's a recipe for seaweed salad that's easy and realy good. You could leave off the sesame seeds if you want...

http://seaweed-salad-recipe.blogspot.com/2009/05/easy-to-make-seaweed-salad.html

(Edit to clarify: should be dried, shreds of wakame)

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I munch on nori by itself. And put furikake on a lot. I even bought these delicious smoked seaweed snacks, the brand is "tao kae noi". I pit wakame on everything that is even a little Asian, lol. Tuna+ wakame (rehydrated)+ soy+sesame+ avocado= yumyum.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!