Thread: Does anyone have a leg of lamb recipe? page

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member

Does anyone have a leg of lamb recipe?

Primal Fuel
    I am going to Chicago for Easter. We are enjoying the leg of lamb from Australia I found at Meijer for just under $4 per lb (it was on sale). Do you have a recipe for it that you would like to share?

Thanks and Happy Easter!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    You bet! I used this recipe last year, and this is how I'll be cooking my lamb this year too...

The Wilderness Childe: Roast Leg of Lamb

TheFoodLovers is offline Senior Member
    We have one too. We'll be remaking this recipe for Hayley's family's Easter dinner. Good stuff.

The Food Lovers' Primal Palate: Roast Leg of Lamb

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I do mine like this :

Slice a clove or two of garlic into slivers. Get a couple of large sprigs of rosemary and pull small "bunches" of leaves off. With a long sharp knife, make holes in the lamb, putting a sliver of garlic and a bunch of the rosemary into each hole. Do this all over the lamb, then rub the lamb with olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.

Heat the oven on full heat. Put the remaining rosemary into a roasting tin and put the lamb on top, then roast on full heat for 25 minutes, then turn to 160C / 320 F, tip a third of a bottle of red wine around the meat and cook for 1.5 hours, basting occasionally.

The meat should be now be aromatic, well cooked and succuletn. With a little arrowroot in water, the liquid will make a super gravy.

I love it like this - much prefer to rare!

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    You bet! I used this recipe last year, and this is how I'll be cooking my lamb this year too...

The Wilderness Childe: Roast Leg of Lamb
    Awesome. I am going to follow this one as much as possible because it was listed first

I am not sure how much we will follow it as my dear mother is more in charge. But, I will be printing the recipe nonetheless.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!