Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a primal way to stop wrinkles / lines developing? page

breadsauce is offline Senior Member

Is there a primal way to stop wrinkles / lines developing?

Shop Now
    I'm developing lines on my face! Under the eyes and beside the eyes - I've lost about 18 lbs and I think it may have something to do with it (also I'm well into my 50s so that might help too!!!) But I don't want to suddenly look old just because of lines appearing - is there anything I can eat - or rub on / in - that helps?

Preferably not scented or full of chemicals - I'm a guy and don't want to smell like someones granny ( no offence to all the grannies there might be reading this...!)

sigzephyr is offline Senior Member
    Facial exercises. I do them and they do make a difference. I am a girl, but boys do them too.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    I've never used any facial exercises but I do use moisturizers, one specifically for around the eyes. I also use a sunblock on my face and a couple of body parts. If you have a health food store nearby go in and explain what you're looking for. I can't wear anything that's got much of a scent because I'm allergic. There are several on the market that aren't too scented or are made specifically for men.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Retinol-based cream & glycolic acid cream. I use the Alpha Hydrox brand.

gregjames is offline Member
    Mush up an avocado and smear it on your face. Leave it on for half an hour, then rinse off gently with lukewarm water. Works a dream!!!

HTownGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregjames View Post
    Mush up an avocado and smear it on your face. Leave it on for half an hour, then rinse off gently with lukewarm water. Works a dream!!!
    Ooh, something else to do with that half of an avocado that doesn't get eaten!

AlexisSimoneNYZ is offline Junior Member
    My mother uses Made from Earth skin products and she had always tell me that I might like to try them. I started using facial cream when I turned 30. I've tried a couple of brands, then finally come down to 2 brands.

Made from Earth got my attention when I heard the advertisement that it sold out within the first 17 minutes when it launched. So I went around looking for it. After more researching, I said to myself that it will be worth trying.

After using their pH Equilibrant Moisturizer for 1 month now, I can see less wrinkle, fine line and smoother skin compare to other products that I have used in the past. It doesn't leave any feeling that you have any cream on which I like and the scent is very mild which I also like. It lasted for more than a month per bottle and I use it every night. It is definitely the best cream and I have ever try.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    How is your sleep? Do you sleep on your stomach with your face in the pillow? I think that is a large part of reducing wrinkles, quality sleep and not sleeping on your face. A paleo/primal diet should be good for your skin overall because whole foods have much more water in them, plus you should be getting a fair share of essential fats which are great for your skin.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    How is your sleep? Do you sleep on your stomach with your face in the pillow? I think that is a large part of reducing wrinkles, quality sleep and not sleeping on your face. A paleo/primal diet should be good for your skin overall because whole foods have much more water in them, plus you should be getting a fair share of essential fats which are great for your skin.
    I sleep on my side/stomach with face planted in pillow and at 35, I have no wrinkles whatsoever. Considering that all of my sisters had crows feet/laugh lines in their late 20's I must be doing something right.
    Georgette

Raen is offline Member
    When I went primal a couple of months ago, I also started putting a light layer of coconut oil on my face at night. I'm not sure if it's the diet or the oil, but the fine lines that were developing on my face are gone. I'm pretty damn happy about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast