Thread: Proud of my friends :) page

jammies is offline Senior Member

Proud of my friends :)

Shop Now
    I never preach PB to anyone, but I have two friends who have joined me having seen my results.

One is coming from SAD to standard PB. She has not been able to lose weight in more than 10 years due to some serious health problems. In one month she has lost ten lbs and feels more energy and loves the food. Her parents are now about to join her.

My other friend is just a little overweight and has been doing weight watchers for about a year. She has lost some weight, but is hungry all the time and has been stalled for about 4-5 months. She offered to do a Whole 30 with me since I wanted to try no nuts/no butter for a month. She is 3 weeks in and has lost about 8 lbs and is now at her WW goal weight! She has never once complained that it is hard or that she misses anything.

I am so impressed with my friends! And so happy that their experience is as good as mine.

Go PB

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    That is fantastic! I'd love to hear what the WW people said when she weighed in

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    That's wonderful news! We are babe-ing up this planet one friend at a time.

Next: second-generation converts.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Woot!

Buttercup is offline Senior Member
    Awesome!

I wish my track record were as good. One friend hasn't lost much weight after one month and is discouraged. My mom has lost some weight, but it's not falling off her like some people talk about, plus I don't think she's being strict enough. Another friend I suggested this to because of some intestinal issues and I'm not sure what her progress is yet, but I'm hoping it's good news. Otherwise, I might not suggest this to anyone again!
    The Paleo Periodical
    It's not a Diet. It's a lifestyle.

tanyayogi is offline Senior Member
    Buenos Aires until I start at NYU in the fall!
    Nice! A good friend of mine recently joined me after failing at the typical low-fat, high-carb diet (even though she's allergic to gluten). Results yet to be seen.
    I wish my boyfriend (who has IBS) would join...it's just hard to change people's habits, they have to do it by themselves or they'll never be truly committed. He's the typical SAD-boy; bagels, rice, beans, corn, etc. Oh dear.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    It is actually a little stressful recommending a way of eating to someone. Even though it has been nothing short of a miracle for me, I do see the threads here of people gaining or being unable to lose anything or have other issues. So while I am super excited for my friends, I am also RELIEVED! I don't know how I would feel if they didn't like it.

I would really LOVE for my brother to start eating this way. Especially since he is a skilled hunter and fisherman and has a constant supply of fantastic primal meats (Ugh.... I didn't find primal until I moved all the way across the country from what would have been a free unlimited source of game )
    He is overweight, tends to be low energy, and struggles with hypertension - he's only 34. I KNOW this would work for him, but I won't preach it to him. Last time he saw me in December he was amazed at how healthy I looked. I have lost another twenty lbs since then and feel way better than that. So maybe when I see him in June he'll be inspired to try.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I've got one friend who is thriving on Primal and is now, at 42, in the best shape of his life and has achieved the elusive single-digit body fat status. Now I can't shut him up about the PB.

My other friend is not doing so well. I really need to sit down with her and figure out exactly what she is eating (or show her what I am eating). She's admitted she's hammering back peanut butter on a daily basis, so that is part of it, for sure. I feel bad/embarrassed sharing with her how well I'm doing; I don't want to come off like I'm rubbing it in.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

HTownGirl is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that is fantastic! Great job! I've got a few friends interested, but no one is biting yet (except another burger, ha ha).

But I tell everyone what I'm doing and I know they are watching me closely, which keeps me motivated.