Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you eating for Easter? page 2

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I live more or less alone, so I will eat what I usually eat (meat and greens) plus hollow chocolate bunnies and egg-shaped treats and maybe ice cream, too.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Leg of lamb, pastured smoked ham, Brussels sprouts, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and sweet potatoes.

I'm picking up a delicious cheesecake from a local bakery and will indulge in that, a glass of wine, and one piece of quality chocolate.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee99 View Post
    Have to spend it with the in-laws who are vegans. No idea whats on the menu but not much looking forward to it. On May 1st I am making our late Easter dinner and it will be roast rabbit, roast root veggies of some sort, dandelion or green salad, and maybe asparagus. Possibly strawberries and cream for dessert.
    If I had in laws her were vegans I would...

boycott.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    lamb if I can find it for a reasonable price.
    I found mine on sale. Cost me $19.36 for 5.34 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Leg of lamb, pastured smoked ham, Brussels sprouts, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and sweet potatoes.

I'm picking up a delicious cheesecake from a local bakery and will indulge in that, a glass of wine, and one piece of quality chocolate.
    You are one lucky girl. My meal will be similar however. I guess I am one lucky guy!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    We are going to a friend's house. She is making a spiral ham. We normally have lamb, but I don't think they are lamb eaters. We might get some lamb and cook it next weekend instead. I am thinking about making a roast beef to bring with us or something. Then veggies and a bit of chocolate.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Bunny. Seriously, I have a rabbit in the freezer. I was thinking about pork belly but we're going out canoeing for the day and I can toss the bunny in the crock pot.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post
    I found mine on sale. Cost me $19.36 for 5.34 lbs.
    Srsly!? o.O I paid $40 for mine and it's 5.18 lbs! Woah helluva sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post
    You are one lucky girl. My meal will be similar however. I guess I am one lucky guy!
    Indeed! We'll both be enjoying in some fine Primal dining.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    we are having some friends over for easter, i think she's bringing potato salad and cheesecake. i'm making a sirloin roast, maybe some steamed green beans, and an angel food cake made from rice flour with sliced strawberries and whipped cream. i'm taking it easy on sunday's menu as i'm also making a bunch of food for tomorrow for a different event: another sirloin roast, roasted potatoes, two cheesecakes, jalapeno poppers, salad (homemade pesto vinaigrette), crudites (with homemade ranch), and buffalo wings (w/homemade blue cheese dressing).

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    For Passover, we had roast chicken, matzo ball soup a la Elena (with almond flour, no matzah meal), roast asparagus, a veggie kugel (think carrots, onions, spinach, some other stuff and eggs all mixed together and baked like a fritatta, but with fewer eggs and more veggies) and a strawberry chocolate tart with a walnut/pecan crust. And charoset, horseradish, and regular old matzah, natch.

Dryden is offline Member
    Prime rib and potatos.

If there is one thing I love about my family, despite the fact they all eat the SAD, they know how to celebrate a holiday, and I have a brother-in-law that is a grill-effin'-master that does prime rib that is to die for.

I have every intention of gorging myself Sunday. This Grok won't have to hunt on Monday.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We're having a meat off with the neighbors! lol

He's slow smoking ribs (memphis style, so a dry rub, no sugar laden sauces!) and hubby is doing steaks. I'm going to blow the whole thing out of the water with my bacon wrapped pork tenderloin and spicy mustard dip though! I'm sure there will be salad as well. lol
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast