Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Body Composition on PB page

healthy11 is offline Senior Member

Body Composition on PB

Primal Fuel
    Hello...

Just curious if you have all noticed a difference in your body composition on PB vs conventional dieting... as in how does your body look at 140 lb. on PB vs. 140 lb. on a conventional low-fat diet? Or whatever the weight may be?

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I didn't notice any real difference in body composition from PB, but I was kinda lean to begin with. I've gained some muscle in the past couple years, but I chalk that up mostly to increased weight training and following Leangains principles.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    I haven't really had any change, which is a bit disconcerting... however, I think I'm in the "last 5-10 pounds" phase and just haven't been able to find the right combination of training/food intake to shed it.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Here is a great post from Batty about composition change.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread15208.html

CKATTO71 is offline Senior Member
    With CW, I had to get down to 135-140 to look lean and I started looking "heavy" at 150. Check out my recent update in my journal to see me this morning at 153#. There is DEFINITELY a huge difference for me.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Looking good Ckatt!

Quote Originally Posted by CKATTO71 View Post
    With CW, I had to get down to 135-140 to look lean and I started looking "heavy" at 150. Check out my recent update in my journal to see me this morning at 153#. There is DEFINITELY a huge difference for me.
    You look fantastic Ckatt! This is more of the response I was expecting. I have noticed that my stomach is leaner at my current weight than it would be if I had lost weight conventionally. I still have a good 20 lbs. to lose. This way of eating is supposed to burn fat and preserve muscle so I really expected more responses like yours. Like you, I think I will be leaner at a higher weight than if I were to eat a low-fat diet/low-cal diet.

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Here is a great post from Batty about composition change.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread15208.html
    This is a great example of what I was getting at and what I expected to see in response to my question. Amazing what muscle can do! I would much rather look athletic than skinny. I use to struggle with the number because both of my sisters always weighed about 15 lbs. less than me and I didn't know why I weighed more, but then realized it's because I have more muscle and have bigger bones than them and I am healthier because of that. My risk for osteoporosis (which is rampant in my family) is less than theirs simply because I started lifting when I was 18 and have bigger bones and weighed at or above 130. I am 5'3" and they are about the same and usually at or under 115. I love my curves and my muscles and I can't wait to get back to my leaner self and will be interested in the difference PB makes in my body composition at 130 vs. conventional 130.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I looked slimmer at 132 when I was muscular than when I was 122 and skinny fat.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

lexsi340 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yup! I've always wiggled around 126-130 (upper 130's in my especially high carb days) and my body fat has dropped like crazy. I went from 26% BF to 19% BF, and there is definitely a noticeable difference in my stomach and upper-body. Luckily (I'm sure I am one of the few women that say this) PB has completely preserved my hips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast