Thread: basal cell carcinoma page

naht by design is offline Junior Member

basal cell carcinoma

Shop Now
    Today I received results from a biopsy of superficial basal cell skin cancer. I'm not too worried; I have no doubt the spot on my leg will scrape away successfully. I'm wondering though, after a couple other of freeze-off spots - 'barnacle' on my hand and 'pre-cancer' on my face - whether I should continue on a goal of couch to (sprint) triathalon in 12 months. I've been more or less applying the diet side of primal since Thanksgiving and am only now starting to incorporate the movement side of things, which I would like to include sprinting, swimming and biking OUTSIDE. And lose about 50 lbs in the process.

I started taking astaxanthin and vitamin D supplement and am hopeful primal eating will discourage the excess growth hormones related to cancers but I would like advice on precautions from persons with the primal persuasion.

I am a 56 yr old female, caucasian, 5' 6" and currently 190 lbs, down from 205. Thanks.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I can't think of a good reason for you to limit your goals because of this. I would be diligent about supplementing with vitamin D and getting your levels tested so you know you are not deficient. I would also be very vigilant about skin protection. Long sleeve shirts, hats, and sunscreen. I know many people support sun exposure here, but I think anything you can do to limit the development of more of these the better.

I come from a family of farmers, so many of my family members routinely have to have these removed. As far as diagnosis go, you are right, they are nothing to get to worried about. But they can get to be more than just an inconvenience as they get bigger and more frequent, so I would protect from the sun if you can.

Congrats on your great success with primal so far and good luck with your great goals!!!