Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the best conditions for sprinting? page 2

Simon is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sprinting BF on tarmac is OK but I wouldn't start out like that. There's a road I run BF on regularly and I know it's characteristics really well so sprinting works fine for me there.

Here's a good video of Jason Robillard running on the road. You can see on the last clip he's really going some there.

YouTube - Jason Robillard barefoot running form 2009

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i usually go barefoot on grass (not lately...it's snowing like crazy outside right now), but i love a good sprint on a beach...you have to work a little harder and if there are dunes to run up, it's like getting 10 workouts in one.

I had the greatest time sprinting on a sand volleyball court. It was winter, and it was a little waterlogged and a little frozen. It was like sprinting in ice cream or something. Super tough and very rewarding.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I try to stay off pavement as much as I can. Dirt/grass is great, rubberized tracks are good, beach is fantastic. The unevenness of the terrain is still smoother than most of what Grok faced.

MikeEnRegalia is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't be too concerned about concrete/pavement - you'll be running on your forefoot anyway, so unless you have flat feet / no arches (in which case you should not be barefoot running), hard ground is actually better because your foot is supposed to do the cushioning. If you want to reduce stress on the joints effectively, run uphill.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I usually sprint on the grass and uphill. But not always.
    I like the intensity, up hill. And the ground is easier on my knees than the pavement.
    I am going to try this. I have yet to sprint uphill and I am asking myself right now... why not?!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Sprinting BF on tarmac is OK but I wouldn't start out like that. There's a road I run BF on regularly and I know it's characteristics really well so sprinting works fine for me there.

Here's a good video of Jason Robillard running on the road. You can see on the last clip he's really going some there.

YouTube - Jason Robillard barefoot running form 2009
    Awesome video!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12