Thread: Sigh...my bio-weapons got me sick : ( page

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member

Sigh...my bio-weapons got me sick : (

Primal Fuel
    so my ds has been having tummy issues this past week and it seems he's passed it to me. Serious stomach virus/flu. things are just getting cleaned out! today I've had no real desire to eat, even though I've been hungry - things just aren't appealing.

I'm wishing right now I had some bone broth or chicken soup. but I don't. And unfortunately I don't really have the luxury of running out to pick something up.. my body isn't giving me a whole lot of time.

so I've been loading up on the probiotics, I've had some yogurt w/mac nuts & honey cause that's about all that's appealing...

I love my kids but they both are bio-weapons. if one isn't bringing something home, the other one is... I'm looking fwd to the day they stop bringing bugs home on a weekly basis!

profdjj is offline Senior Member
    I found that once I was gluten-free that my tendancy to catch stuff went away. Might work for you at some point.

aktres is offline Senior Member
    I've been gluten free for a year and I've had the exact same symptoms as Shijin the last two weeks. 24 hrs of fever and chills, then two weeks of tummy issues, and like you, no desire to eat and mostly having yogurt with honey and not much else. Probiotics the last three days seems to be turning it around a bit. I hope you feel better soon!

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    I wish the gluten free thing was the ticket, since I've been GF for 5+ yrs! guess my bio weapons are just keeping my immune system working! I knew I was catching something earlier this week b/c I've been extremely tired... and now its caught up w/me.... well w/the exception of grocery shopping tomorrow for easter, and cooking the lamb for easter dinner... I'm going to be spending the day in bed!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Vitamin D to sufficiency has kept me from getting sick for over 18 months now--even while all my friends have had the flu...

aktres is offline Senior Member
    I've been taking 5000 iu/day Vit D since last June. This is the first time I've gotten sick, but I sure was sick.