Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vibrams - so sad! page

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I am having the hardest time with these.

I won a pair of Vibrams in one of the contests the other month... and, well... I still don't have a pair I can wear. I was SO excited too.

First they were out of stock for a while.

Then my husband measured my foot wrong and we ordered a size that was WAY too big.

Then I re-measured my foot and ordered the closest size, and they came tonight in the mail and they're perfect everywhere except for my big toe which is a bit cramped. And it doesn't seem like it's the type of thing that would "stretch out" you know?

So I guess I need the next size up? But what if it's too big everywhere else on my foot (since the current size fits perfectly everywhere else)?

GAH! I'm still really excited about them, and still really grateful to have won them, but I'm just frustrated with my sizing issues mostly... that it's been a WHILE and I still don't have a pair to wear. I've been so excited to try them out "in the field" but can't yet.

Excuse my little pity party/vent... I guess I didn't realize they'd be that hard to fit. And there isn't a store nearby that carries them, so I can't go in a real store and try them on, which would be the easiest.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

FNW:

Sorry about your nightmare. SHEESH--- it HAS been a long time since the contest. Hopefully the next pair will fit you like a....foot glove???

Here's hoping...

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

ccarrigan is offline Junior Member

They do stretch out a bit after a couple wears!

I just bought some and they were pretty snug in a couple places but after three solid days of wear they've stretched out quite a bit!!

Are you serious? It just seems like with the way the sole wraps around the tip of your toe... there isn't really any stretching potential.

Shazkar is offline Junior Member

my big toe is a tad cramped, but it seems infinitely better than one size up

i figure as long as it doesn't hurt or anything it's okay

just got my pair 2 days ago though

fbw
    fbw is offline Junior Member

my vibrams are really working out great. i got some ksos and they resist the water like whoa.

maba is offline Senior Member

I still haven't broken into my Vibrams either. My right one fits like a glove whereas the left one makes my achilles tendon hurt like hell. One of the reasons I haven't been working out as much as I'd like to is because of the pain I have when I wear them. If it doesn't get better, I might just go back to my regular shoes.

I hope you get a pair soon that fits you well.

hannahc is offline Senior Member

FNW I have fat big toes, so the big toe pocket on all of my Vibrams started out REALLY tight, when the rest of the shoe fit perfectly. After a few days of a lot of wear, they do stretch out though If they fit everywhere else, I'd say wear them around the house as much as possible. Your big toes may be sore for a couple of days, but you should notice after a few days that they have stretched. I also have always had problems with ingrown toenails on my big toes, which didn't help with the tight toe pocket and contributed to my early toe-soreness, but that is getting better now too (thanks to cutting my toenails differently, nothing to do with being Primal .

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Theres a store about a minute away with every type of vibram and KSO possible, and I really want to go buy one, but everyone seems to have trouble with sizing... might just go barefoot when I want to.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast