Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vibrams - so sad! page 2

Katt is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

It really is better if you can try them on in a store, first, to size them. I wear a 7 1/2 womens shoe (US sizing) and measured at a size 39. The salesperson suggested I go up one size from what they measured me at for comfort so my Vibrams are a Women's size 40. They are a little longer than my toes but fit wonderfully everywhere else and have been very comfortable.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

Shazkar is offline Junior Member

i originally went for 42s, which worked fine and were comfy, but then switched them for 41s which were tighter and more glove like which i think i prefer

ccarrigan is offline Junior Member

FNW-The rubber undersole doesn't necessarily stretch out, but the fabric part does I think, so they do get more roomy the more you wear them.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Hmm... I guess I just feel like if the fabric part stretches too much it might be more likely to get a hole in it or something.

I mean, my big toes aren't abnormally huge or anything like that.

Though based on Hannah's experience, maybe I'll try just wearing them around the house with the tags still on... and if they don't feel better after a few days then I could still return them I guess.

I really don't want to have to go up another size because I don't want the other toes to be too long and I don't want it to be too big in the heel either. ugh.

Wish we had a store where I could try them on Katt.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

musajen is offline Junior Member

When I first got my Vibrams they felt a touch too big but I went with them anyway because they didn't have a smaller size (tried them in a store). Then, about a month later a little hole started in the seam of one of the toes and I took them back to the store and exchanged them, but had to go down a size (all they had in stock). They fit like a glove but sometimes my big toe feels cramped too and I do miss that one size larger. The larger size did have about an extra half inch of length in the back but I was able to tighten them so it didn't matter.

I'd vote for going one size up. Hope you get a pair you're comfortable in soon!

gah! now I don't know what to do!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Katt is offline Senior Member

Where them for a few days and see how they feel. If you can't feel comfortable, get one size up.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

lbd
    lbd is offline Junior Member

I prefer a slightly larger fit than too small. I just can't stand that cramped feeling. I bought KSOs in size 40 and I wear 8 to 8 1/2 (women's) depending on the shoe. But my big toe is pretty even with my next toe as well. The KSOs run slightly larger from what the folks at citysports told me, so I would probably go with a 41 in other styles.

OK... guess I will just return them and get the bigger size. If it's TOO big I'll return them AGAIN and get these AGAIN.

But I don't really want to risk making them un-returnable by wearing them for a few days, even around the house with the tags on...

And my big toes are sad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12