Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toast:my vice page 2

halloweenbinge is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Eggs go much better with meat than bread

I usually fry up some eggs w/ ham and eat it with a fork, or wrap the egg up in the ham and eat THAT like a sandwich. Who needs toast?

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Overlooking the carbs and fiber of grains, just absorb the lesson of how bad they are for you, especially wheat.

I ditched the grains (and what little sugar I was eating) when I went PB in June. After two months grain free I felt noticeably better. I do now allow myself VERY infrequent bits of bread, and VERY small portions when I do, on the order of 2-3 oz. But the longer w/o, the easier it is to not even do that.

An amazing thing happened when I ditched the grains (and most carbs). My toenail fungus started dying off. A month after the Freedom from Grains day, there was a distinct line across my big toenails that would have reflected that day in time. Above, dark. Below, clear. The fungus is making some last ditch recovery, but the trend is obvious and the fungus is almost all gone.

KXS
    KXS is offline Member

I have celiac disease and it took a while to get out of the toast 'habit'...I make almond flour pancakes and they are just awesome...my BF, who does not really follow PB, likes them better than regular pancakes (even without all the maple syrup, though he sometimes douses them) They are so good they don't need any topping.

Instead of sparlking water you can add a teaspoon of baking powder. For the small amount of sweetener you can use honey (its only a tablespoon!) or, I throw in some cream instead.

ALMOND FLOUR PANCAKES

1 cup almond flour

2 eggs

1/4 cup water (for puffier pancakes, you can use sparkling water)

2 T oil

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 T sweetener

Preparation:

Mix ingredients together and cook as you would other pancakes. I like to use a nonstick pan with a little oil. The only real difference is that they won't "bubble" on top the same way as regular pancakes. Flip them when the underside is brown.

Yield: Six 4-inch pancakes

Nutritional Information: Each pancake has 1 gram effective carbohydrate, plus 2 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein, and 155 calories.

AndreaC is offline Member

Google "keto crackers" for the recipe but they look promising.

Basically it's whipped, baked egg whites to make "crackers". If you add herbs and spices you could probably make them taste like something. Supposedly they're good for mopping up sauces. And you could always use all the leftover yolks for hollandaise sauce.

I haven't tried them yet, but I have some free time tonight, I'll report back.

chowza is offline Member

So basically, eggs to mop up your eggs?

Check out my blog here.

joelprimal Guest

wow, thanks for all the quick and awesome responses!

@flynavywife I am going to try making some spicy sausage for sure! I had been making them with bacon, but bacon offers very little mop-upability, sausage might be the answer.

If that doesn't do it for me, I think I'll try making the coconut or almond bread...either sound decent.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Oh good! Let me know how it goes. I agree bacon doesn't really work for that - sometimes I end up eating eggs, sausage, AND bacon though. hehe. Awesome.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

AndreaC is offline Member

Ok so keto crackers = keto crap

Maybe the recipe could be tweaked, maybe the person that posted it meant to use some fat or a little yolk to make better?

They had a horrible styrofoam texture and tasted like nothing. Even worse nothing-taste than plain rice cakes (remember those!).

I think I'll stick to making crepes and nut based crackers.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

FlyNavyWife, I made those breakfast sausage. Thanks!!! They're delicious! I used ground turkey though, because it was all I have.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

You&#39;re welcome and I&#39;m glad you like them!!

They&#39;re better with a bit more fat than most ground turkey but mixing a pound of turkey with a pound of pork is pretty good for future reference.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast