Thread: Emily Deans, diet and autism page

Hedonist is offline Senior Member

Emily Deans, diet and autism

Shop Now
    I read Emily Deans post on diet and autism today. I score borderline Asperger's IF I answer the way I have been most of my life. That has changed since I found out about primal, but not necessarily because of primal.

Until recently, if I tried to look at someone's face, let alone their eyes, my body would scream "get me out of here." Very painful. Almost impossible. Now is no problem.

No idea whether primal is involved. I am not "Groky" and my self-confidence is not especially high right now for various reasons.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

aktres is offline Senior Member
    What do you mean, "not necessarily instead of primal"? Have you changed your diet? I'm amazed at the successes people have had with PB, would love to hear more of your story.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I'm probably 90% primal. In line with people like Jaminet and Harris, I do eat potatoes. Some white rice and corn - not a lot.

I do feel like primal has helped my brain a lot. Like a fog lifting. (And lots of little physical improvements too.) But that is a long way from scientific proof.

Maybe eventually I will post a success story. Nothing dramatic enough to post right now. But I am happy with my progress.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Buttercup is offline Senior Member
    So great to hear. I am really excited about where this new dietary research is going. I've noticed an 80% drop in anxiety symptoms since going Primal, and didn't expect it at all. But I'll take it.
    The Paleo Periodical
    It's not a Diet. It's a lifestyle.