Thread: Balsamic vinegar question page

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member

Balsamic vinegar question

Why the heck is balsamic so much higher in carbs and calories than plain 'ol red wine vinegar?

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    Many of them have added sugar. I buy the Trader Joe's brand (Balsamic Vinegar of Modena). It has 2 g per serving, relative to some that have 6 or more.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    No Trader Joe's anywhere near me. I'm using Kirkland (Costco house brand). It claims it's 'Balsamic Vinegar of Modena', Ingredients: Grape must and red wine vinegar. The bottle says 2g of carbs per Tblsp. so I guess that's pretty good. I don't know why I thought it was higher - never mind.

reeferjon is offline Member
    Cant see anyone using any more than a couple table spoon thought....so is there actualy a problem.....

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by reeferjon View Post
    Cant see anyone using any more than a couple table spoon thought....so is there actualy a problem.....
    I dunno - I bought a bottle from a small shop in Sonoma once. It had been aged for 20+ years. The only thing that stopped me from guzzling the whole bottle in one sitting was that it cost $27. Man that was amazing balsamic.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log