Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear neighbor who brings me cake.... page

Corj is offline Junior Member

Dear neighbor who brings me cake....

Shop Now
    Ding Dong! Here's a nice cake for ya Honey. We have a "sweet" old lady neighbor who bakes cakes drenched in some sort of crack-syrup and drops them in our laps periodically.

I've tried not answering the door but she comes at times where she knows we're home. I've also tried reasoning with this devil-woman by saying I don't eat cake & my husband's worried about getting diabetes (we're both in our late 30's). No matter to her! Around the Holidays I would just bring them around to people's houses (disclosing the actual baker) but now I'm actually starting to get teed-off

I feel bad just chucking it but I don't want it around. I also don't really want to burden anybody else with the blippin' thing.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Maybe she's trying to kill you!

You might need to just let this one go. For some people, food is love. If you reject her cake, you are rejecting her.

Can you smile & nod and then take the offending substance to the office or something?

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe drop it off at a food bank? Donate to kid's charity auction? Take it to work? Though...that is passing the buck. Maybe try stopping by and taking her something...maybe she is super lonely and is trying to brighten her day by baking and handing her hard workings to others (utterly forgetting that some people can't have sugar.)
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    just accept the cake, she's a sweet old lady who cares about you

donate it to a food kitchen, shelter, chuck it out, whatever then tell her you liked it

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Accept it, take it to work or someplace similar, and tell her how much your office mates liked it.

mozzy10 is offline Senior Member
    Just chuck them in the bin. Have you ever made her anything in return to say thank you? Maybe you could make her some primal stew or something. She is probably old and lonely.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    She's trying to be kind and neighbourly. I would take it to work or drop it off at a youth centre, shelter, or something similar--you might not want to eat grain, but your coworkers might enjoy it (and appreciate you for it), and I can guarantee that someone who's hungry will happily eat cake. Less than ideal food still beats the hell out of none.

Why hurt her feelings? Just smile, accept it, and maybe do something kind back.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DianeThePurple View Post
    Maybe she's trying to kill you!
    This. You definitely need to kill her first, just to be safe. If a little old lady can successfully take you down, then the tribe doesn't need you.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Invite her over on an all meat day and give her horse steak. She'll freak out if she's a particularly devout catholic.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast