Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to cook drumsticks page

jmc1979 Guest

Primal Fuel

I bought some drumsticks yesterday as the thought of them sounded really good, but I have no clue how to cook them. I don't want to bake them because then the skin gets slimy, and I would like to cook them in some sort of oil, but I cannot stand the taste of meat cooked in coconut oil, so I am not sure what to do with them. Can anyone suggest something fairly easy and that can be done on/in a stove as I don't own a grill? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

CaveGirl Guest

I've done is season and bake, and once they are cooked, you take them out of the oven and sear them in garlic and butter in a pan on the stovetop. Moist from the oven, but crispy from the last minute fry. Try to find grassfed butter if possible, they sell Kerrygold in most supermarkets.

Mmm...now I want some drumsticks.

jmc1979 Guest

Thanks cavegirl, I think I can handle that!!

ibrobynb is offline Junior Member

Mark posted some wonderful marinades not too long ago and they are pretty fantastic.

syzchan is offline Member

Get a rack for your pan (if you have a toaster oven, the rack from there works!) and then bake the chicken, broiling it for the last few mins to really get the skin crispy.

jmc1979 Guest

@syzchan

I live in an apartment, so my oven is not of the best quality. Last time I tried making little chicken wings I baked them, then broiled at the end and my oven put out so much smoke out that my detectors were going off for awhile. The wings turned out fine, but I don't know if I want to try that again....thanks for the suggestion! Maybe I will try broil for a shorter amount of time....

Ecala is offline Junior Member

Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Melt some butter and pour over your drumsticks. Bake for an hour and 10 mins. They will be tastier than heck and the butter will crisp up the skin like nothing else!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

I just boil 'em...

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Roasting makes the skin slimy? I think not.

Stick them in any oven and cook them at 350 degrees, they will be done in an hour or less. (Sorry, Ecala, 400 degrees is WAY too much heat.)

At 350 degrees you shouldn&#39;t have any smoke. If you can put a pan under the rack and put water in it, it will give you a head start on making gravy.

Actually, the tenderest poultry is had at much lower temps, like 300. I crank the oven to 450 degrees, pop the poultry in, lower it to 300, and the meat is soft and juicy. Cooking duration depends on thickness. I cooked a whole duck and two turkey thighs like that last night. Crisp skin, juicy.

gazb is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    [quote]

Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Melt some butter and pour over your drumsticks. Bake for an hour and 10 mins. They will be tastier than heck and the butter will crisp up the skin like nothing else!</blockquote>

Aye the melted butter way is what I generally do with chicken and it always turns out well! I tend to put the oven on at 180 C, which I guess is about 350 F?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast