Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I Love Peanut Butter page

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member

Why I Love Peanut Butter

Shop Now
    I'm at it again! This time I'm ranting about peanut butter.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I hate peanuts (and PB) the version of a PB&J I grew up with was butter and jelly on toast… man that stuff was heaven. To be fair though, I don’t really like any nut or nut butters.

My first American PB&J was a huge disappointment, same goes for cream cheese... and pancakes… basically everything my American friends couldn’t believe I had never eaten and forced me to try.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I also love peanut butter, but I've mostly given it up since I started eating Primal. Too much omega-6 to indulge in on a regular basis (but this is true for all nuts other than macadamias). I think I recognize the jar in your hands (TJ, yes?) They have the best price on PB for sure. I think it was like 1.79/jar when I used to load up on it.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    To be fair though, I don’t really like any nut or nut butters.
    Dude, I need to develop that dislike. I've gotten a lot better over the past year or so (basically I jut don't buy nuts as often), but I still love all kinds of nuts and nut butters.

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    you primal blasphemer you!

I never had PB & J growing up. I like natural peanut butter, but I hate peanuts. Weird I know. But nothing tastes worse to me than Thai with peanuts or peanut sauce. But a spoon of PB on apples...yeah I like that.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

melodious is offline Senior Member
    What about the aflatoxin concerns? (It's a carcinogenic mold that grows on peanuts.)

I admit that I enjoy peanut butter, but I find almond butter very nearly as good. I don't really eat peanut butter anymore.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Y'know, if someone put a gun to my head and said I had to eat one of two things or they'd kill me - catshit or peanut butter - there's an outside chance I'd eat the catshit but I'd probably take the bullet instead. The peanut butter would never be considered.

Only slighty exagerated; I hate peanuts that much.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Dude, I need to develop that dislike. I've gotten a lot better over the past year or so (basically I jut don't buy nuts as often), but I still love all kinds of nuts and nut butters.
    It’s not exactly a dislike, I just grew up without them so I never developed a taste for them I guess. I’ve eaten walnuts, macadamia nuts, almonds, peanuts, etc and just didn’t find them special. The info regarding some of the bad stuff about them (which I don’t think we need be so alarmist about) just makes it easier to not eat them.

Nutella though… I know it’s not really a nut butter so I’m not comparing it, but just saying I can eat that all day long, and have, many times.

jem51 is offline Senior Member
    PB fits nicely into the 80/20 rule, right?
    It is best eaten w a spoon.

camel is offline Senior Member
    A spoon and a banana!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast