Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: From Diet Soda to Green Tea... Strange Feelings... page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

From Diet Soda to Green Tea... Strange Feelings...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So the last evil I needed to expel from my body was the habit of drinking diet mt. dew. Before paleo/primal I drank regular dew alllllllll the time. Well I was able to switch to diet and still lose a crap ton of weight, but that still didn't make it okay or good for me. Now it's been over a year on Paleo/Primal and it was time to toss the shit out for good. So I replaced one vice with another (just as I did with reg dew to diet dew) and replaced diet dew with tea (unsweetened, of course).

Firsting, it took a bit of an adjustment to have tea without adding sugar or sweet and low. Just straight tea... nothing added but water.

I picked up a bunch of different hot and cold teas and so far I've enjoyed them all. Been a week now and I haven't had a single craving for a diet dew! A+!

HOWEVER....

My body has had some adjusting to do... it's not used to not having all those fake chemicals and psuedo-sugars in me.

First of all I am like NEVER hungry... people have said that those diet sodas/false sugars create a feeling of hunger even when there is no real hunger...

And I've been super sleepy... but i think that's an effect of having less caffeine...

I've also had less energy.. but then again.. less caffeine.

So far I feel better... overall grabbing for a nice class of cold black tea or a nice hot mug of green tea just makes me feel like i'm doing my body good. :-)
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

faithy22 is offline Member
    The Lipton green teas are super super good! The honey one really tastes like there is honey in it, without the sweetness (of course).

Right now i'm sipping on Lipton Green Tea, mixed berry flavour

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Jenn is offline Senior Member
    I don't think you should consider tea as a vice! It's good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    I don't think you should consider tea as a vice! It's good for you!
    True, but if I consider it a vice I can consider it the replacement for the vice of soda... ;-)

Phil-SC is offline Senior Member
    Don't sweat the tea...the flavinoids and antioxidants are good for you.

I like green tea, but the black variety ones you can get anywhere unsweetened, and have more caffeine in them if you need a pick-me-up.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Eventually you might want to pick up some loose leaf tea. I buy mine at Teavana at my local mall, you might be able to order some online. Different world my friend.

I have some “sleepy” teas, some caffeine teas (mate!), some anytime teas… tea rules. I don’t drink it enough honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Eventually you might want to pick up some loose leaf tea. I buy mine at Teavana at my local mall, you might be able to order some online. Different world my friend.

I have some “sleepy” teas, some caffeine teas (mate!), some anytime teas… tea rules. I don’t drink it enough honestly.
    Yes! What I really love is the sheer VARIETY of flavors and ways to drink the tea! That is a total plus!

TheDarkMistress is offline Senior Member
    Dude, I kicked my Diet Pepsi habit a couple of months ago and I'm drinking mostly ice water. I started thinking about all those strange chemicals I was drinking and the lingering aftertaste of artificial sweetener and started questioning what I was putting in my body. I missed the caffeine kick at first, but I'm fine without it now.

Good fresh-brewed iced tea is so tasty, but hard to keep on hand at work. Have you found a good bottled unsweetened tea?
    cj

height: 5' 10 1/2"
    2/20/11: 210
    9/19/11: 185.5
    goal: #170

"Decide what to be, and go be it."

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkMistress View Post
    Dude, I kicked my Diet Pepsi habit a couple of months ago and I'm drinking mostly ice water. I started thinking about all those strange chemicals I was drinking and the lingering aftertaste of artificial sweetener and started questioning what I was putting in my body. I missed the caffeine kick at first, but I'm fine without it now.

Good fresh-brewed iced tea is so tasty, but hard to keep on hand at work. Have you found a good bottled unsweetened tea?
    I bought a re-usable water bottle from the store and can fill it up with ice cold water and throw a pack of Lipton's Cold Brew in there and that works rather than a bottled version of the tea.

At work I have a mug, I put in a tea bag, and microwave the water for a minute or two for nice hot green tea!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast