Thread: Kicking sugar addiction page

tanyayogi is offline Senior Member
    Buenos Aires until I start at NYU in the fall!

Kicking sugar addiction

Shop Now
    I'm assuming my biggest downfall right now is that since I've gone Primal I've used it as an excuse to eat at least 1 pc of dark chocolate per day (on a good day). I've had almond pancakes like 7/10 days of being Primal, with honey. I'm not really helping myself, am I? Should I go cold turkey? That usually helps me...that's what I did with wheat/rice/potatoes/corn/etc. and it worked pretty well. Same goes for red meat/chewing gum/artificial sweetener.

How often would it be OK for me to have 1 almond pancake (2-3 big spoonfuls of almond meal, 1 egg, 1/6 of a banana, 1/2 tbsp honey, 1 pc dark chocolate cut into chips)

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    156 posts, 156 threads. Chill out, read the book, stick to your journal thread.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

tanyayogi is offline Senior Member
    Buenos Aires until I start at NYU in the fall!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    That's rude. Just don't reply if you're going to be a douche.
    I live in ARGENTINA where you can't buy the book. Shipping costs insane amounts, so I don't have the fucking book and I really appreciate people's personal experiences as helpful advice, especially this early on and especially with other people who have recovered from eating disorders.
    I'm sorry I have OCD. If it bothers you - GUESS WHAT- DONT CLICK ON MY THREADS!!!!!!!!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Your thread-dumping for every single concern you have is a rudeness, as well. Forum etiquette, and all. What are we gonna do?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    If you go cold turkey on almond pancakes, what will you eat, since you are a pescatarian??

And I agree with Grumpy in that I think you need to spend some time away from counting and numbers... find something else to distract yourself. Keep yourself busy so you simply cannot think about your food intake/breakdown so much. You can find more info on what other people do by looking through the archives and conducting forum searches.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Go cold turkey on the sugar and sugar substitutes. It should only take 7-10 days.

Going Primal (or low carb) means learning a new WOE (way of eating), not the old WOE with new ingredients.

I have this same discussion with my mom, who keeps losing what she wants on LC, then she keeps adding substitutes for things she thinks she is missing and the weight comes back. Then we do it all again. I can talk her into LC, but I can't talk her into new WOE...

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    my thoughts exactly.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tanyayogi View Post
    That's rude. Just don't reply if you're going to be a douche.
    I live in ARGENTINA where you can't buy the book. Shipping costs insane amounts, so I don't have the fucking book and I really appreciate people's personal experiences as helpful advice, especially this early on and especially with other people who have recovered from eating disorders.
    I'm sorry I have OCD. If it bothers you - GUESS WHAT- DONT CLICK ON MY THREADS!!!!!!!!
    This is why it might be a better idea for you to create one thread in the Primal Journal section and use that for your daily posts. It does get a little wearing when there's so many new posts and they're all about the same basic ideas from you. Sure, I can skip your posts, but I'd rather have the ability to find what you're talking about in one post with a series of comments, rather than a new post every twenty minutes. It would help those of us who want to help you because then all the information's in one place. Try it that way; you'll annoy fewer people and it will be easier to see patterns in your thinking and writing, which will be beneficial to you as well as others.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

MollyCat is offline Member
    If its a problem for you then stop doing it. If youre truly interested in living this lifestyle and that includes cutting out sugar then follow the primal lifestyle and cut out the sugar.
    No point in trying to justify eating things that arent helping you.
    If Someone was following in your footsteps, where would you be leading them?