Thread: Funny CW Moments 2011! page

Wink Funny CW Moments 2011!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know these threads already exist in the past but I think this is a phenomenal idea! Funny CW Moments 2011!

To start -
    I live with my 86 year old grandfather who is very set in his own ways. As I'm enjoying my breakfast (3 hard boiled eggs, piece of raw goat cheese, bowl of berries & shredded coconut, & cup of black coffee), he (in an instigative tone) asks me why I eat what I do & tells me how bad it is for me, & asks why I don't have a healthier breakfast like his (bowl of cheerios w/ fat free milk) lol. I asked him what was healthy about cheerios & he replied "I don't know but they're nutritious"
    -Connoisseur Guy

kcult is offline Senior Member
    I'm making bacon for a snack at 8:15 p.m....not funny, but I thought I would share.

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    My mum asked me if I was following that ultra low-catb diet (she's been on many diets, and I assume she meant Atkins), because "you know, you can only lose fat on that diet!" [...] So I'm probably gonna die, cos she made it sound like you can't live on it...
    Last edited by Bissen; 04-21-2011 at 07:40 AM.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Yes, grains are an important component of a healthy diet. BUT like all foods, they need to be consumed in the correct amount. AND whole grains are definately the BEST form! Grains are important sources of many nutrients, including dietary fiber, several B-vitamins like thiamin, riboflavin, niacin and folate, and minerals such as iron, magnesium and selenium.

I don't know how much detail you want, let me know if you need more. AND be sure to obtain your information from reliable reseach based sources; not just opinion from those trying to make a buck and sell the newest diet book.

SP Registered Dietitian Becky
    I find the highlighted part to be hilarious. Is this not exactly what she is doing. Her opinion on the website she was 'instrumental' in creating, where she gets her income and has a myriad of advertisers.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday my skinny fat girlfriends were horrified with my lunch. A big plate of shrimp dipped in hotsauce with a couple of heaping tbsps of butter melted in. I thought the butter was getting their knickers in a twist, but no... apparently shrimp are "LOADED WITH CHOLESTEROL!" They were looking at my shrimp like it was a grenade about to go off in their faces. lol
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

NutMeg is offline Senior Member

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
    Yesterday my skinny fat girlfriends were horrified with my lunch. A big plate of shrimp dipped in hotsauce with a couple of heaping tbsps of butter melted in. I thought the butter was getting their knickers in a twist, but no... apparently shrimp are "LOADED WITH CHOLESTEROL!" They were looking at my shrimp like it was a grenade about to go off in their faces. lol
    Bwahaha! That is awesome!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I worked through lunch without realizing it. My boss comes in around 1330 and goes "Is that your salad still in the fridge?"
    "Yeah. I wasn't hungry and I've got a deadline coming up tomorrow."
    "You ate breakfast, though, right?"
    "I'm not hungry in the mornings."
    "You should really eat something. Your blood sugar'll drop. Not eating for that long makes you a safety hazard to yourself."
    "I'm not diabetic or hypoglycemic. I regularly eat only one or two meals a day and I only eat when I'm hungry. Never passed out or lost brain power yet."
    "But your blood sugar"
    "Has never been an issue."
    "Alright. Just try to eat something, even a candy bar in the next hour or so, ok?"
    "Sure thing."

I ate a mint 2 hours later and had a huge dinner. He never knew the difference.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome